Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Ohhhh Soooo Messy
I stopped at Marble Slab on my way home from washing the car...a perfect treat on a hot day like today. I should have really taken a picture of myself (if only I could have). I ordered the snickerdoodle and when the girl asked if I wanted the caramel mixed in I said no cause I was planning on eating it in a bowl...but then the chocolate dipped waffle cone was just calling to me, so I had to have it. (there's something about dark chocolate that I just can't resist!) So forgetting about the caramel issue I asked for the cone and continued to watch the girl scoop the icecream off the slab and into the yummy cone. And then came the caramel...she started pouring it all over the top of the icecream...yum...wrapped the little napkin around the cone and handed it to me. With one hand I was trying to get money out of my purse to pay, and at the same time trying to lick the warm caramel drips that started to drizzle down the mound of icecream...can we say "Awkward." But some how I managed. And then I realized that the caramel was dripping too fast to keep up with it and it was now running down my hand...so I'm licking as fast as I can as I'm getting into my car, putting my seatbelt on, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the mess I was making. And then as I start to lick the melting icecream and caramel mess, the caramel starting to get all over my face, but there's nothing I can do because the teeny napkin that once was white and nicely wrapped around my cone is now brown and sticky and soggy from the mess. Just then I turn my head to see a family pull up and look at me and start to laugh...oh it was great! I was so embarrassed. But I made it home and got cleaned up...and it was worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
bwahahaha! kim you are too funny! seriously it sounds so yummy and you definitely gave me a good laugh!
Well, this is the second time that I have heard this story and I still laughed out loud!! You are hilarious! It's true what you say - it's so worth it...isn't it!
Post a Comment