Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Crazy Purchase...


I have been having so much fun today...and I mean so much fun!!! My house is a complete disaster and my living room is literally taken apart. Poor Cody could probably kill me right now cause our couch is seriously in the kitchen a bit and everything is a mess. But you'll never guess what I bought??? Photography equipment!!! I ordered some stuff from the states and it came in 2 days! Way faster than I thought it would. I bought 3 back drops and the stand for it. So this morning I made Cody take pictures with me, and then this afternoon my cousin was here and I took some pictures of her. I am loving it! But funny story...when I ordered the equipment I didn't realize that I ordered the large rolls of paper, so it literally is the width of our living room...hence the couch in the kitchen. hehe! My sister is getting married in a couple of weeks, so I told her she would have to come over so I can practise on her. Anyone want pictures??? It's perfect too cause our living room gets lots of natural light! I love it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who makes crazy purchases....

I got my 'Year to Remember' package yesterday too and now I am dying to scrapbook. The idea book is so amazing! I think it's my absolute favorite! I am so glad I signed up for the class, it's been a fun month. And it gives me something to work on each week. Having a new baby makes it hard to scrapbook or do much for myself, but at least I know each week I'll have something to look forward to that is just for me. It's the best way to celebrate the year...especially since Cody and I are just so thrilled to have Ryker and are looking forward to this year of firsts for us and our new little family!

So I just went to check on Cody and see what he was up to...and he's totally cleaned the house for me! The kitchen, the front entrance, and he's now working on the basement! (yes, the couch is still in the kitchen but thats only a minor problem right?) He's so sweet. I suggested today instead of building my scrapbook room in the basement I should just make the living room into my scrap studio/photography studio. He loved the idea...but only because it meant 1. he didn't have to finish the basement and 2. because he didn't have to buy me new couches. Ya, right that would ever happen....

I'm off to go help with the cleaning. It's the least I could do since I've made most of the mess. hehe!






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim~ Your pictures are amazing!! You can take some of Cohen!! Hehe.. You would be so awesome at it!!Im so jelous of your talents!! Love ya

Melissa H said...

lucky girl to get this equipment!! can you please share where you got it from? where do you live? i wonder if they ship to australia?? would LOVE a portable studio!!

Anonymous said...

Love your photos. :) Love your baby. I've commented before. Mine are adopted too. And one more to come...soon I hope. :)

I'm switching to Blogger - & I need some help. If you have time, could you answer two questions for me? Your layout is exactly what I want too, but am unable to achieve it. Thank you. amazingjourney@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

The photos are SO SWEET. Ryker is just adorable.

How nice of your husband to clean your house for you:) I need to train mine to do that.

Isn't Heidi's idea book great? I LOVE IT. I'm feeling so blessed to be a member of this class.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME photos Kim! You look amazing and I'm so green with envy that you have all the backdrops!! couch in the kitchen eh? BAH! It's worth it for amazing photos like that!

P.S. Cody should talk to Mike about cleaning...well, I guess I have it pretty good most days!

Take care OOO

Anonymous said...

I want you take pictures of my fam! I am jealous, I want to get more into photography! Have fun with your stuff.
I also LOVED the look book, its the best one I've seen, kinda wish we got the BIG photo corner, I want them so bad. Have a good one.

Anonymous said...

hey kim...where does one order a backdrop from exactly?? i would love that!! pwetty pwease tell me!
- niki (nikibex@hotmail.com)

Talia said...

AWESOME pictures, Kim!! I love them all, esp the first one!!