Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I should get an 'E' for effort!

So last night Cody and I went to Red Lobster...for our first time! I know...we just aren't seafood people. Well I guess Cody is, but I'm not. I want to like it, but really have such a hard time with the 'Fishy' taste and smell. I order fish all the time when we go to restaurants in hopes that I will love it, but no such luck...and last night was another case of the "too fishy for me." Does anyone know where to go for some really good fish? I guess I should state that "I want to like Salmon!" or if anyone wants to share any good recipes with me, I'll even try making something.... But we did have fun on our little date night. I think since we've had Ryker Cody and I have only gone out twice! It was long overdue to hang out together.

Monday night we took Ryker swimming! I wasn't too sure about it since I knew the pool we were going to was supposed to be a little cold, but we tried anyway. And let me tell you...we spent more time in the change room than the actual pool. Ryker hated it and cried the whole time, so we left after 10 minutes. Some people had invited us to go with them...so it's too bad that it didn't work out. I know Ryker will love it when we go to a warmer kiddie pool. I can't wait for the summer when we can go hang out at the Ledg. and the kiddie spray decks and stuff. He'll be older by then and won't mind it too much I'm sure. But I did sign him up for swimming lessons next month with his little girlfriend Gabby! Tal and I are going to have so much fun! He barely made the cut though...4 months...I can't wait!

Our basement feels like it's at a stand still at the moment...it seems like Cody is just too busy to get anything done there. And if that's the case then I need to clean up the one room that is finished down there where we've put everything so that we can at least watch t.v. without looking at the pile of junk. And since my scrapbook stuff is down there I need to make it so I can at least work down there...enough of the kitchen table. So wish me luck with that this week.

I should be working on my big picture classes today while Ryker's sleeping, but there is so much to do.... Not enough time to get everything done.

K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! your post is full of adventures!!

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like fish...and you've NEVER been to Red Lobster?? Do you even like Lobster?! You know, they do serve chicken at RL!! I really love Maple Glazed salmon myself, it tastes like candy! You have to BBQ it though! Have you tried the KEG? or SAWMILL? Maybe you'll have some luck there...or maybe... you're just not a fish girl!

YAY! for swimming lessons! That will be so cute! TAKE PICTURES if you can!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, for date night. I hope you and Cody can keep going out. I know it made a huge difference in my marriage when Greg and I started going out again after having our baby.

Ryker, have fun swimming with Gabby! It's always more fun to swim with you're with cute girls!

Talia said...

I know...there is never enough time in the day to get anything done! oh, well! lately I'vebeen going for the naps rather than cleaning or whatever else...hehe! can't wait for swimming, it'll be so fun!!