Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Past Couple of Days....

We have been busy the past couple of days. I should go back a few weeks though and mention that on Cody's bike trip he had gotten shot in the eye by an air soft gun (a gun that shoots these pellets) and his eye was all blood shot, but wasn't bothering him. I had talked to a tech at the eye clinic we go to and she had said that since the colored part of Cody's eye was fine his eye should heal no problem. Of course I didn't think much of it until Cody mentioned to me this week that he started to get flashes of light in his eye. So I booked us appointments for monday since I need my eyes checked too...and they called back right away and said Cody needed to come in right away. He had his eye checked and his retna is torn, so they booked him for emergency eye surgery for the next day. Yesterday morning I met Cody at the specialists office where they had preped him for surgery...and after waiting a couple of hours the doctor saw Cody and decided that the retna is starting to heal, so she'd like to wait 3 weeks and see how things go. Thankfully his eye is going to be okay, but the doctor told us what to watch out for because if the retna tears more he could go blind...scary! Cody always seems to be getting into these situations. Boys, hey?

We went to Costco today and walked around for a bit. It's baby week there, so I got Ryker a couple new pairs of pj's. He's growing so fast and I don't have many jammies the next size up. I'm having a hard time right now finding cute boy stuff. Maybe I'm just picky, or maybe it's just a bad time to be looking for clothes...I don't know. He is changing so much...so quickly. I love every moment. We've been reading lots of books lately...who knows if he really understands what I'm reading him, but he loves to just rock and cuddle. We got so many really good books for his showers a couple of my favorites are...Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? (Dr. Seuss)...The Gruffalo (love this one)...and Little Pea (my favorite!). I love that time with him!




I went out with Tal and A last night for a yummy dinner at Upper Crust Cafe and then of course our usual buckies and car talk. It's always so much fun getting together with them...and it had been awhile since the three of us got to hang out. We celebrated my birthday which is this week, and of course they spoiled me as usual! A got me some fun make up...which I love love love (I'm going to have to check out the rest of the stuff and Shoppers) and Tal got me these fun shoes! I can't wait for summer (I know I could wear them now, but they'll just get all mucky and gross). I feel so lucky to have such great friends! I love our nights together and how we love to spoil each other...isn't that what true friends do? These girls are the best.


(sorry the picture is sideways...oops!)

K

8 comments:

dragonflydreamer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dragonflydreamer said...

Happy Birthday! What lovely gifts; sketchers and benefit make-up. You must be a wonderful person with wonderful friends.

Melissa H said...

happy, happy birthday!!! your first birthday as a mummy, i'm glad you enjoyed it!! and keep reading those books to ryker, he may not understand what you are reading just yet, but that time you are spending together is priceless!!! enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim! I love your new shoes, you have great friends!! Happy Birthday~ Any fun plans?? Ryker is getting so big..and soo cute!! Love ya

Kaitlyn said...

Happy Birthday! I know what you mean about finding cute boy clothes. I have a daughter and a son and it is so much easier to find clothes for her. I do love Old Navy and Children's Place though, they always have such cute stuff for little boys. Good luck!

Talia said...

It was such a fun night!
Glad you like the shoes...they were just so YOU, I had to get them!!

Anonymous said...

You'v'e had a birthday, shout huray! we want to sing to you all day, one year older and wiser too..happy birthday to you!! love ya kim..hope you have a great bday tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Love your new shoes.a How fun. I hope you had a birthday to remember!