Ryker started swimming lessons with his little friend Gabby and her cousin this past week and he is doing so good. He loves to splash in the water! The poor kids that swim a little too close to him get wet! Oops! Wednesday he wasn't too sure about being there, but once we got into the warm water he did a lot better. I just can't believe how big he's getting. I took this picture of him in his overalls and for some reasone it was when I put him in them on Sunday that I really realized how big he was getting. He just seemed so much bigger and heavier than I remembered him to be. Makes me sad, but I need to be a little bit more willing to let him grow up! hehe! I think I've just been feeling like I never know if we'll have more kids and I want to enjoy everything about the baby stage. I really may only get to experience this once...and yes...I guess I will only experience this once with Ryker, but I just want to let these moments and days last a little longer....


My two nieces have been up staying with my parents, and they have been so much fun. I watched them on Wednesday afternoon and they were so good. They love Ryker and wanted to constantly hold him and feed him...so cute! Pacey is the little mother! At 5 years old she already is the little mother! She kept telling me that if Ryker woke up she could just take care of him and pick him up! We went to Dairy Queen today and she was telling everyone that Ryker was adopted and came from another lady..hehe! I guess she saw 'Meet the Robinsons' and was very concerned that Ryker lived in an orphanage...so so cute! I have to add that I was the only one she made an Easter decoration for at school! She told Chelsey not to worry that even though she didn't make one for her, she still loved her! This girl has a lot of character and makes me laugh!


Sydney was another story on Wednesday. In the first hour she had rocked the rocking horse right over face forward...and got right back up! We also had a bit of an accident when she decided that she would go to the bathroom all by herself...so she ended up taking a bath! But she was more than happy to hop right in, it's her favorite place to kick her feet up! hehe! She just looked so comfy that I had to take a couple of pictures. She has the cutest little voice! It's so sweet when she asks to hold baby Ryker! She always wants him to look at her and smile at her! And I think we've played a million games of hide and go seek...her favorite! Anytime I ask if she needs a drink she pipes up "Chocolate milk?" She's only 2, but she knows what she wants...and trust me she knows how to get it! She is so stinkin' cute!


We headed to my parents tonight and played with the cousins. Talin was sleeping over with the girls...and we had fun playing ps2 with them. I have to say...I won everytime! And no I wasn't playing with just younger kids...Cody was playing too! I love watching all the kids play together! Ryker loves it too! He gets so involved just watching them all. But tomorrow we are going to visit my sister and spend a couple of days with her. We had hoped to leave tonight, but by the time Cody got home from work it was just too late. Everyone's asleep, so I should really get to bed too. Have a great Easter! Someone suggested to me that I think about what Easter really is about. It's so easy to get caught up in the Easter bunny and the little presents we get from my mom or the yummy chocolate eggs that I've bought, but to focus on the Savior at this time is more important. Enjoy the long weekend and I hope you all have time to scrap a layout for the challenge on The Goodie Box! I can't wait to see what everyone creates...it really does inspire me! Thanks again.
K

2 comments:
Ryker is getting big! It happens so fast, doesn't it. And your nieces are adorable. I was giggling reading about Pacey. Oh my:) Happy Easter.h
happy easter, hope you get a chance to relax after such a busy week :-)
Post a Comment