Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"Glimpses"


I guess this past weekend really was motivation to get doing something with all the thoughts I've had lately...and over the past couple of years. For those of you who know me well know the struggles I've been through and the progress I've made to lead a happy life. For those of you who were at the Glimpses Reception this past weekend with Stacy Julian you'll agree that it was amazing to listen to all the thoughts that were shared. I left feeling a desire to get started on my own glimpses album and share who I am with those I love. I've been writing stuff down all week and organizing my thoughts as to what I will put in my album. I can remember feeling this same way as I sat in Heidi Swapp's 'She' album class last year at CKU. That same feeling and desire to share myself and to celebrate being a woman. I believe that as a woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter...we can make a difference in the lives of those we love and influence others for good through our example. I love being able to create something about me...about who I am...and what I want to become. This past week we've had a similar challenge in our A Year To Remember class...to think about where we came from and where we're headed. And this month being Mother's Day, how fitting is it to be working on an album like this. If you haven't downloaded this class...I challenge you to do so. I've totally been inspired by it and I know you will be too. Here's a picture of all the ladies who shared a "Glimpse" of themselves with everyone. I truly feel so blessed to have been in that room Saturday night.


I was also tagged by Cari.... The rules...share 7 random facts/habits about yourself. At the end of your blog choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Also make sure to include the rules on your blog. Don’t forget to leave the people you tagged a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

So here is my list.

1. The toilet paper roll must always have the toilet paper come over the top. If I ever find it rolling from the bottom I must always change it around. (Does that make sense?)

2. I keep my scrapbooking supplies in their original wrapper even after I've used it until it's not so new and then I put it into jars or whatever else.

3. I love love love British humor! I especially love all the shopaholic books.

4. I read magazines from back to front. I always start at the last page...doesn't matter what magazine.

(This is hard since I feel I'm totally normal...ya right!)

5. I hate when sales people ask if you need help. Don't talk to me when I shop...I like to be left alone to wander and browse.

6. My hubby and I seem to always take separate vacations...I'm always off to some scrapbooking convention and he's off biking. Hopefully that will change this year.

7. I love to hang out at home. Doesn't matter if we just hang out and watch t.v. I love being home.

Umm... I'm going to take the easy way out and just say if you want to play along join in!

K :)

4 comments:

Andi said...

Beautiful photo of you kim!

So true when you say that the random facts thing is difficult...I have a hard time coming up with these things because I feel totally normal too! Maybe I will give it a try...

the goodie box girls said...

i can't wait to get going on my glimpses album, too. all the women were so inspiring on saturday night!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Kim! Im in love with that picture of you!, I didnt know you did that with the tolite paper!! You are so silly kim!! I love you alot!!..

Ashley said...

You inspired me to sign up for the Glimpses class at BPS. I'm excited to get started. Thanks!