So we gave Ryker rice cereal for the first time last night and he loved it! He wanted to hold my hand the whole time he ate to make sure the spoon actually made it into his mouth...hehe! We didn't give him very much, but he was happy with what we gave him. He looked so little in the high chair we borrowed from my brother and his wife...it was funny to watch him sit there so happy (and a little serious) waiting to eat! I can't wait to try other things...soon enough though...I know we gotta go slow. He's been watching us eat for the past couple of weeks, so interested in what we're doing with the fork and what's on our plates! Now he can try it himself. I need to get some small spoons though cause the ones I have now are a little too big. I was telling Cody last night that when we first brought Ryker home I remember thinking "Okay, he'll be 6 months in June and he'll be so big...I want to do all these things...enjoy the summer...Ryker will be able to sit and be a little more active!" and somehow...it's almost June!!! Where has the time gone? I can't believe how quickly he changes and grows. But I'm getting better at accepting those changes...I just want to remember these moments forever.



So do you ever do crazy things and then wonder what you were thinking? I had 2 incidences this past week...both in the shower...the first was putting the shampoo in my hair and then I started washing my face, wondering why my face cleaner smelled so good (I must be out of it!) and the second was this morning in the shower again I didn't realize I had bumped the handle and turned the water up really hot! It hurt! I'm always in a hurry to get ready while Ryker is either sleeping or happy playing I guess I don't pay much attention to what I'm doing. Oh silly moments. hehe!
I have some things to share, but I need some pictures first. So check back later and I might have more posted. If not today...soon.
k :)
4 comments:
Kim,
Ryker is soooooo... cute. I've showed my friend your blog as she has a little guy who is 9 months and she loves seeing the pics and hearing the antics! You are so lucky to have him and he is so lucky to have you and your husband as parents!! I love the pics!!
Sheri.C
can't believe he is getting old enough to eat actual food! so exciting!!
Treasure all the everyday moments! They are all so special!
That is so funny! I did something silly like that last night. I tried washing my face with our hand soap. I was talking to my hubby while getting ready for bed and all of a sudden I had hand soap all over my face. We both got a big kick out of that one!
Ryker is already eating food?! WOW! Time flies! What a cutie he is!
Don't worry...I use shampoo as body wash ALL th time!!
Post a Comment