Saturday, June 09, 2007

5 is TOO MANY for me!

Yesterday afternoon I had a few extra kids...4 extra kids to be exact! My sister-in-law has her kids here staying with another sister of Cody's just for the weekend. Well, Karin had to go do some stuff yesterday afternoon so she asked if I would watch the kids. (Cody's brothers and sisters all have lots of kids!) So I had Veronica (4 months old), Jake (3 years old), Katie (6 almost 7 years old), and Danny (9 years old). Of course having 2 babies was so much different for me...and Veronica slept most of the time! It was when Veronica woke up crying and then of course woke up Ryker who was sleeping that it got a little crazy...so 2 crying babies! Thankfully Danny was such a big help and could sit and feed Veronica for me while I ran to get Ryker back to sleep. They were all so good....but 5 is by far harder than 1!! I seriously don't know how people do twins!


And somehow I managed to do a photo shoot!!! Shauna had asked me a couple of weeks ago if I could take some pictures of her baby when her kids were here, but of course Veronica was the only one I really didn't get pictures of since she was sleeping the whole time or crying! I probably could have taken pictures while she was sleeping, but I didn't want to take the chance of waking her up and then having to deal with 2 babies awake at the same time longer than I had to. I know....maybe I'm a wimp...but I already hadn't slept the night before cause Ryker was up forever. So I was tired! Enough complaining though...we had a lot of fun!


So I just wanted to share a couple of my favorites!













K :)

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, sounds like you had your hands full! Our friends just had triplets - their first kids too. I don't know how they're going to do it.

The picture you took look great! Nice job!

Kaitlyn said...

Wow, you are so brave to handle 5 kids! Your pictures turned out great too!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I have 4 each and every day, I feel for you!
Beautiful pics as usual!!

Talia said...

CUTE pictures Kim! I love how the photo shoot of the baby ended up being pictures of the big kids. haha! and p.s....i have no idea what i would do with 5 children!! i think our mother's were crazy.
:)

Andi said...

wow! I CANNOT even imagine that scenario!! Sounds like you handled it well. AWESOME PICS girl!!

Jamie said...

Adorable kids!

Going from 1 to 5 is a big change. Glad you survived.

Anonymous said...

love that last pic kim!!

- niki