
Well...really not much of a quote on this one...more of a thought about time. It's something I think a lot about lately having a baby and watching how quickly they grow up. I almost can't handle it sometimes...how quickly time passes. I was working on my goal for my aytr class yesterday, putting together a portfolio of my photography, and was looking at some pictures I had taken of Ryker when he was first born and some of my blog entries...man, I almost started crying. The flood of emotion that came over me just remembering that time in my life only 8 months ago...it was overwhelming. I don't know what it is about a new little baby that makes me melt, but I do. Those first minutes and hours with our new son...you would not believe the smile that stayed on his face the moment he was born. He looked right at his birth mom and gave the sweetest smile I have ever seen...we all witnessed it and knew that it was a blessing sent from heaven. That instant of time telling her that she was loved and showing the special bond that they had before they came to this earth. I know it. I know that it was a moment in time when we all felt our Heavenly Father's love for us. That this moment was meant to happen...that we were meant to be together...all of us. I am so thankful for the little moments we are blessed to share together, for all that we have been given and for the opportunity to be a family forever. I was talking to Ryker's birthmom and she said to me "eternity doesn't just mean for the rest of your life...it means before we came to earth and after." I love that. I love that we were together before and were prepared to face life's challenges together...forever.
But enough deep stuff from me. Just been thinking lately.
I've been scrapping lots...it goes in spurts sometimes for me and lately have had the time to do lots. I'm actually working on stuff for next months goodie box, so get ready for a new challenge! I'm having so much fun. But I also wanted to share a layout I haven't posted yet.


Hope you're having a great day! :)
K

9 comments:
Love the layout Kim!
Okay so do you like the crib? we are getting the whole set too. It kinds sucks that you cant see it in person. Any complaints? or do you recommend it? Sorry Im a nerd, I know. Love your LO's as usual.
such a cute boy and lo!
So cute kim!! I love the heart. What are the muffin mixes your Mom gets in Utah??? Fill me in. I have never been to Baja Fresh but have wanted to... I will have to check it out for sure now.
Every time you write about Ryker I get tears in my eyes (of course, I'm a little emotional right now). I am so happy for you that you have him and have such a wonderful relationship with his birth mom.
p.s. I'm going to
start "scraplifting" your baby pages for the little one I have coming!
Love the quote card and the layout, super cute! I can't wait to see the challenge for next month.
-Kaitlyn
omg!! your comment made me cry!! you are amazing!! :D i can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!!
:D :D :D
Your post today is so sweet. I have been thinking lots too...it's good to think.
Kim, I LOVE your blog. All your pictures of Ryker are so dang cute! Keep em comin...
Julie
Post a Comment