Monday, February 11, 2008

Catching Up

Things have been so busy around here...just with cleaning and organizing and stuff but I've really wanted to share the amazing day we had last month being sealed to Ryker!





My sister took some pictures of us outside of the Temple, and it was so cold (I guess not as bad as we're having right now...but cold still) and I just love them. I don't ever want to forget that special day when Ryker was sealed to us. He looked so cute in his little white clothes...my Mom made him the pants and the bow tie...he looked so cute! When he came into the room with my Mom he was making his little clicking noises and then of course when the sealer was sealing us he was shaking his head 'No'...haha! What a kid. It was so nice to have our friends and family there with us...and so many of our family members couldn't be there, but we know you wanted to. I don't even know how to put into words how much that day meant to us. Ryker's birth mom tried really hard to come, but it just didn't work out...but we love her so much for the effort she made and for all that she has done for us. I know I probably say that all the time, but she is so special to us and we just love her so much. This day would never have been possible without her.

Sunday we blessed Ryker in church and Cody gave him a very nice blessing. He was so nervous....so nervous. But it was really nice. And the best part...Cody held Ryker facing him since he was one and there was no other way to keep him still...well Ryker just thought it was perfect cause he could reach the microphone and tried eating it, and then he turned and started pinching the Bishop's nose!! Haha!! How cute is that?


The year just started off so great!



:)

6 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

So sweet - I loved reading about your special day, and seeing the gorgeous photo. Congratulations to your sweet family!

Talia said...

Thanks so much for letting us celebrate your day with you...Ryker was so sweet!!
xoxo

s a n s k u :) said...

Thanks for sharing Kim. That is so funny about Ryker pinching the bishop's nose... :) I'm glad you guys have a good relationship with the birthmom as well. They are amazing girls for sacrificing so much for these little ones.

Families are forever! <3

Jess said...

Oh Kim- Thanks for posting the pics. Congrats- we were definately thinking of you guys!! We love you! (How great of a story is that to tell Ryker that he was pinching the bishops nose- I don't think I'll ever forget that- the little cutie!)

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, that just made me laugh out loud. Pinching the bishop's nose...that's so awesome! What a little monkey. So happy for your little family and all the special moments of late. Congrats!
Jody

Anonymous said...

that is so tender, brought a tear in my eye remembering when my little guy was sealed to us!