Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Protect...Shelter...Teach

Saturday night I went out with the girlies for Tal's birthday and of course when it's the 3 of us we can sit and chat for hours...and that's just what we did. During the night we started talking about all the craziness that goes on in the world...and the craziness that is starting at such a young age. How scary! But we also started talking about how we go about teaching our kids to resist the temptations and protecting them. Of course you can't always shelter them from these things, but how do you make sure that they will choose what's right??? What a big responsibility we have to watch over our children and help them make right choices...so it got me thinking even more when I taught my last young women's lesson (I am now in nursery!) on Sunday and it was about our responsibility to teach others. I just hope that I can teach Ryker to be prepared for whatever he will face in life. And a BIG thing is that I hope he always will know that he can come to us no matter what and we will be there to help him.





I sat down last night and actually scrapbooked...it feels like it's been forever and I totally felt out of my groove...but it felt good to just create!




On to other things....



Girl's Night Out stuff is coming along, and we are so excited. It's just over a month away!! That seems crazy to me...where does the time go? Tal and I are going to be busy busy busy for the next couple of weeks just finishing things up.

And tomorrow is Valentine's Day.... Cody came home from work last night and told me that he tried to make reservations for us for tomorrow night, but of course wherever he called had been booked up for weeks...haha!! Doesn't he know that you have to plan ahead if you want to get into places on a day like that? And where was he taking me? I should have asked him that...haha! Anyway, his niece is coming over to babysit tomorrow, so maybe we'll go to a movie instead. I might just have to plan it myself.


:)

7 comments:

Nadine Karen said...

I love your layout Kim! Where is the journaling spot under "If She" from?? I have to have it! ha ha
Nadine

Talia said...

love your page...i know, it's so scary to think what our kids will face compared to what we did. love your layout...i like that so much of the pp i showing. awesome!!

Itworksforbobbi said...

I think all mothers have those thoughts go through their heads - I know I have. Your layout is beautiful and touching. Just what scrapbooking it all about! Love it!

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

I love your layout! And your Club Heidi stuff is AWESOME! Nice to see some homegrown talent on the "big stage"!

s a n s k u :) said...

Love this page. The flower paper is really nice. Love them butterflies too. And everything else. :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Oh, and just remember the most valiant souls have been reserved for these times... FHE, prayer... It'll be ok! (It's still a bit scary, I know)

{amy k.} said...

Scary days I know... it's crazy and makes me think about home schooling all the time, and I don't even have kids yet! haha I love your layout. And also was wondering if it was lesson 6 from manual 3 you taught- is so, any suggestions? I'm teaching that one this week! amyandjeffmartinez@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Misty said...

What a gorgeous lo! I love it! TFS! Wow, so glad I stumbled upon your blog.
Misty in New Mexico