Monday, May 26, 2008

it's about time....

I feel like I've been the worst blogger lately....I have a few good reasons though. Ryker has been so sick this weekend with his first ear infection. We spent Sunday at an after hours health clinic getting him checked after he'd had a fever for 2 days and just wasn't himself. Poor little thing...they got him in a lot quicker and put him in a bed right away since he had such a high fever...we were there 2 hours (and that was getting in quick!). So now he's been on his medicine a full 24 hours and I thought he would be feeling better....but he threw up this afternoon and has refused to sleep unless he's laying with his head on my stomach. He doesn't even want to sleep in his crib at night...and that's coming from a kid who love love loves his crib since he was 3 months old!!! I feel so sad for him, but it can only get better, right? The lack of sleep has totally caught up with me and I can say I have never been this tired in my life. Sometimes I just get so overtired that when I have a moment to sleep I just can't. Let's hope that we have a better night tonight and I'm able to crash.


I finally got to see my new bike. Cody surprised me for Mother's Day and got me a dirt bike! Not that I plan on riding lots or anything, but it will be fun...especially when Ryker can ride and we can all go on a little trip together and stuff. Ryker and I can putter around and Cody can do his thing.... It's the perfect little bike for me.




A couple of weeks ago we came home to the young women decorating our driveway. They left cute little pictures and messages for us...so nice of them. I miss teaching my girls!



And....


I had to share this hilar pic of Ryker in his bubble bath. It's kind of hard to see all the bubbles around his mouth, but he loved having a little beard! He dunked his head in the water and discovered the bubbles stuck to his face, so he did it again and got bubbles everywhere. He wasn't too happy the second time. Unfortunately though his skin is just too sensitive for bubbles. I'll have to see if Arbonne sells something that he could use...love that stuff!


Anyway, I really should go scrapbook while I have some time to myself. We were up at 6 o'clock this morning and I just have this feeling that in a few hours the sleep deprivation is going to catch up with me...


K :)

6 comments:

Christie Smathers said...

Hehehe Kim you look so cute on your dirt bike!!! Josh was having a hard time picturing you on a dirt bike, but your not much smaller than me! Hehehe so fun!! Ryker is so cute.. poor guy i hope he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

What a little hottie you are on that bike! Totally cool!:)
~Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
My little guy has really sensitive skin and some nasty eczema that flares up. He sees a dermatologist regularly and she said that Dreft(powdered) laundry soap is the best thing for kids bath water. The nice thing, it's bubbly for beards and other fun things in the tub.
Give it a try, works great for us.

s a n s k u :) said...

Poor Ryker! I'm sure the meds will kick in soon. So hard to see your little one sick, isn't it. I think it's easier for them to sleep a bit upright when they have an ear infection. Hope you'll get some good sleep soon. I KNOW all about sleep depravation.

I wish Arbonne would sell bubblebath but they don't. Let me know if you find a great product. I don't like using those chemically ones either. Especially because it goes in their mouth too.

Too cute of a picture of Ryker.

I've never dirtbiked but it sounds a lot of fun. Sounds similar what we used to do as kids with our normal bikes. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I am impressed, your very own bike. I am definitely not going to tell Rick, I will never hear the end of it. :)

Hope Ryker is feeling better soon, poor boy!

Jamie said...

Sorry to hear that your little guy has been sick. I hope it gets better.

Congrats on the new bike! I bet that is a Mother's Day first. :)