Monday, July 21, 2008

fun times at the beach.

It has finally been hot here again, so today we headed to the beach. My little nieces are here staying with my parents so we've been trying to do some fun things with them. Candice, Charly and Talin came with us too. Ryker just loves the water. He could spend hours just playing in it...throwing sand...stealing other little kids beach toys (he LOVED these spiderman beach balls and even though I had blown up a blue one for him to play with he'd ditch it every chance he got for a spiderman ball...haha!) He was covered head to toe, so it was straight into the bath for him. I got burnt, but I plan on using it to my advantage so I can soak in the tub tonight and just read on my own...uninterrupted...oh so nice!! I did this the other night and just loved having time to myself to relax. I'm starting to think I should do this on a more regular basis. I just finished a super cute book...an easy summer read. It's called "The Other Side of The Story" and if you like British humor and a nothing to it kind of book, then you'll like it. I enjoy easy reading...something I can pick up whenever I have a minute. But now I gotta start another one of the books my sister brought over for me. We love to swap books and she just dropped off a bunch for me so I better get started.

Anyway....



I'll share a quick layout. Super simple, but that's what I get done right now.




I am loving these products right now....



and these...


Okay...I've always loved these, but I put them under a piece of

this...

and sanded over top. Because they have a white core it shows the pattern of the mask. Love it!!
(it's kind of hard to tell, but you can see it a bit in the bottom picture.)



:)

4 comments:

Lindsay Bateman said...

Really cute layout Kim! Love the color combination!

Jamie said...

Like the layout! I love simple ones.

I am with you on the bubble baths. I have one "scheduled" for every Monday evening. Just me, some bubbles, and the latest scrap magazine. :)

s a n s k u :) said...

My husband always gives me heck for all the pictures I take. But you said it in your layout... You just want to remember every minute, every day, every moment... Precious times with our loved ones. <3

nichole said...

Love the layout. If you don't capture all the moments, they seem to drift away and get lost in my vague memories. With a picture, it brings me right back, to relive the memory over and over.