
I got to take pictures of my new little niece Charly (she's 3 months old) yesterday (and her friend, but I'll share more pictures another time). And we were having so much fun. The last couple of pictures my sister was sitting Charly up on the floor and holding her from behind when she just fell back which babies do, but she hit her head on the floor and started crying. The rest of us didn't think too much of it until Cody (who came home early from work...and turned out to be such a blessing since he could stay with Ryker while I was with Candice and Charly) mentioned how tired she seemed. Candice immediately started to panick...Charly was out and there was nothing we could do to wake her up...she was just kind of limp. We quickly just grabbed our stuff and headed to the nearest health center. When we got there they told us to go directly to the Stollery Children's Hospital. Poor Candice was so panicked and I had to control myself from breaking down too. It's just soooo scary when it's little babies...their heads are so soft and you just never know what can happen. The whole ride to the hospital Candice was in the back trying to wake Charly up...rubbing her face, lifting her eyelids, talking to her, pinching her...but nothing. She didn't even move. This is soooo not like her. She's such a light sleeper and if she hears us wakes up right away.
And then right when we were turning into the hospital she opened her eyes. We took her in and got her checked and everything looked good. Of course since the doctors didn't get to see what she was like they just kind of thought she was having a nap, but Charly has never been like that when she sleeps. Ugghhh....it was sooooo scary. It just felt so good to see her awake and smile at us. We were both sooo tired after all the stress and worrying. And just sooo thankful that she was okay.
Onto other things though since I just can't think about it anymore....
Wednesday we went to visit my sister and her kids. We had such a fun day!!! I took Sydney to Build A Bear for her birthday (I try to do it for all my nieces and nephew once). And it's been fun to see how they all react and the choices they make.
Sydney picked this yellow bear which I asked her over and over if she was sure she wanted this particular one. She assured me that this was the one she wanted so we continued on.
She then got to stuff her bear and put a heart in her. When they tell you to rub the heart on your head for good luck..etc.. she would rub it on the bear instead. She was so quiet and watched so carefully.
One of her favorite parts was giving her bear a bath and brushing it's hair. She was very careful to brush it and was having soooo much fun.
And then when it was time to pick out clothes she immediately saw the "High School Musical 2" shirt and wanted it. Again I kept asking her if she was sure that was the one she wanted. I would point to the tutu's and dresses, but nope she wanted that shirt!
And 'Teddy' turned out sooo cute!!
Sydney is such a sweet little thing.... It's fun to see how they are all different from each other and have their own personalities. We just had so much fun together.I'll have to share the rest of our trip another day.... Chelsey got the CUTEST pictures of Ryker that I'll have to share. I just LOVE them!!!! But after yesterday I need a day to relax.
:)

4 comments:
Ugh, I really hate those moments when you are SCARED OUT OF YOUR MIND! We had a choking scare a few days ago, and we were en route to the hospital when he finally swallowed the chicken bone. I'm so glad everything is ok though, sorry you guys had to go through it!
That is scary! So glad everything turned out ok.
Wow, that must have been awful. I'm so glad that story had a happy ending.
To answer your question about making pictures big on your blog, I read about it here: http://www.stephmodo.com/2008/07/how-to-enlarge-photos-on-your-blog.html
I also had to do a google search because for some reason I was still confused about it. My spacing between my side bar and main text was all squished together. It ended up that I needed to change the padding size under "sidebar wrapper" to 0 50px 0 50 px in the html. But if you do a search about this in blogger you will find lots of info. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Glad little Charly is okay and you all made it through that scary moment. We had a similar incident last night with Kaeden falling over from a sitting position and hitting his head in the tub. My hubby felt so bad! We both were checking on him constantly last ngiht but he doesn't look too worse for wear!
Post a Comment