

I needed to take some pictures. I love how he was just sitting there in his own little world...I wonder what he's thinking....he's being so serious.
And today...oh today. Ryker loves pushing the stools from the island down the stairs. If you've ever been to my house there is a set of stairs when you walk in the front door that leads to the main floor. Well Ryker has decided that everything must be pushed or thrown down these stairs. So today...and most days we catch him pushing the stools down the stairs. He thinks it's hilarious, but today I found that he had put a hole in the wall. What do ya do? He thinks it funny!! When I tell him no he laughs at me...and usually runs away. He knows what he's doing. The discipline thing is hard. We tell him no and take him away from the situation, but it doesn't work with everything. Any suggestions? He still seems too young for time out...but I have no idea.
But then there are other times that he is just the cutest little thing and you just want to kiss him and hug him to death. Yesterday in nursery all the kids were coloring and Ryker was finished so he walked over to the table where I had the children's songbook and he opened it and started singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" while doing all the actions. It was seriously soooo cute. He can't pronounce too many words yet, but this boy LOVES to sing. He sings the alphabet, itsy bitsy spider, happy family, happy and you know it, old mcdonald...anything. He kind of hums more to the music...or kind of makes sounds to the beat of the song. It's pretty cute.
And he has a thing with cows. He hates them. If you make a cow noise he gets so mad at you. So when he watches his favorite show ever...."Old McDonald...Baby Einstien" he covers his eyes at the part when the cow moos. It's the same spot everytime...haha! Notice how he's still peaking? haha!!I just love this kid. And even when he's a little stinker and into trouble I just can't help but love him more. The good...the difficult...the hilarious...the hard...I'll take it all. Every minute.
:)

10 comments:
this little guy cracks me up. I love the little quirks that come with raising kids. Did you ever think that you would have a child that hated cows? Tallon is deathly afraid of stickers!
I know those moments all too well! My two year old has heard me say "ugh...child" so many times that she now says it..at the appropriate times! It doesn't get the spilled milk or emptied dresser drawers cleaned up, but at least it adds some humour. And, yup, time-outs are part of my life. And I get the time-outs too! (just for different reasons!!)
And I agree with you - I wouldn't change a thing.
Kim, he is soo cute!! That is so funny that he has a thing with cows..was it your room COVERED in cows!! hahaha, that is soo funny! I agree with the when to laugh, and when to be serious thing, If you get a good idea..PLEASE pass it this way :) Ryker's such a cutie, your such a good mom!!! Love You-Hilorie
Lovely posting, Kim. Ryker is so funny. Cows, huh. :)
Sienna starts to cry when she hears I am a child of God. Or the other mellow type Primary songs. Lot of times she tells me that "that song makes me sad".
Oh, funny boy! Yup, discipline is hard at this age...they just think everything is a joke! Gabby loves to "sing", too. Twinkle twinkle little star is her fave!
Those photos are too funny!
I love that stage! They really like to test parents, don't they?
Got to love them!
In the new people mag there is an article on silly things people are afraid of... one lady is scared of bananas... it's a must read!
Discipline is hard, we started laying the ground work for this method before my son turned 2. He's 2 now and has his share of time outs, but we rarely get to 3 with him.
It's awesome!
Check it out at your library.
http://www.amazon.com/1-2-3-Magic-Effective-Discipline-Children/dp/1889140163/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221056932&sr=8-1
Love your post...your last part in your blog would make the perfect journaling section for a scrapbook page or mini album. too cute!
Love that you caught him peeking!!!! Discipline is tricky, and I feel like we tried everything in the book. We started doing Super Nanny's Time Outs, but I started to feel like Cara was in the corner all day and I wasn't being the mom I wanted to be. We read "Unconditional Parenting" and adapted what we liked from that. We have "Time Out Together" now where we just talk about the problem, the consequence it caused, and the solution. I try and have them do most of the talking, even if they can't talk much, you can use simple words and they can have simple answeres (ya, no). Sometimes we sit for 30 seconds, sometimes it's half an hour, but we've found this awesome, and have developed such good relationships with our daughters, rather than them resenting us for being too authoritative all the time (there is sometimes you have to be that too). Good luck, every child is different and you do have to figure out what works best for them.
ha ha! He is such a character! you gotta take the good with the bad right?! and his sweet little face makes it ALL worth it!! It's true, you are an awesome Mom and I know you'll find something that works for you! :)
Post a Comment