I'm going a little crazy here trying to post...I tried earlier today and for some reason I was having mega problems. And then tonight it's been a little weird again. I've noticed the colors are wonky, but you get the idea. Oh well...what can you do?
More halloween inspiration!!
I love these pictures of Ryker in his costume last year...wasn't he sooo 'stinkin' cute!' I looked on the site that I ordered his costume from last year and they didn't have the same ones this year...darn. Last year they had soooo many to pick from (can you tell that I'm having costume issues??).
I have loved all the making memories halloween stuff this year. It's really got me going...if only I had that kind of drive in my regular scrapbooking. The bats were my favorite. Oh so cute!!!




And now for the hair story....
A little while ago I was lighting the bar-b-que and had no idea that you can't light it with the lid closed...umm....okay so I'm really clueless when it comes to those things. I had no idea that it would totally blow up in my face. All I remember is seeing a huge fireball come towards me, but I was lucky enough to close my eyes in time. I ran into the house really fast...Cody was on the phone and I'm yelling at him asking if I'm on fire. I'm patting my hair cause it seriously felt like there were still flames....and we were both laughing hysterically. I was crying so hard from laughing. My hair, eyebrows, eyelashes and arm hair was synged, our whole house smelled like burnt hair and I looked completely ridiculous. Amazing that it wasn't worse than it was. But I'm okay and everything was fine, just completely hilar...Cody took a ton of pics but I'm just not willing to share them on here. They're too funny. So back to the reason my hair is dark.... I went to get my hair done and I was planning on going blond and short, but my hairdresser (who is my cousin-in law...or whatever she would be to me) convinced me to grow my hair and dye it dark brown. She thought it would be good to give my blond a rest and we're trying to get my hair healthy again. She thinks by Christmas it will be to my shoulders, but I'm already having a hard time with it. I've had short hair for as long as I can remember and it just suits me. I love it dark too, but we'll see how long I can keep up with the dark and growing hair. I have all these little baby hairs to my scalp now from the fire, but I'm working on getting it healthy.
Wish me luck :)
Kim

7 comments:
That same thing happened to me this summer too. I didn't know you don't turn on both burners and keep cranking it when you are lighting the grill either. I had a huge fireball and some singed hair too. Scary! Glad you're okay and I love your dark hair! Ryker is adorable in that layout can't wait to see his costume this year too!
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that if you are looking for the Tom Arma costumes...I'm just guessing that's what your son's skunk costume was, my son had the exact costume...they have some other ones at Halloween Express.com Good luck on a costume, can't wait to see what you decide on.
You make me laugh Kim!! I have to admit, that happened to Shey this summer too, You are such a good sport to laugh about it! See you in a few days!! -love you, Hilorie
I am sure that was so scary. Funny now reading your blog this morning but at the time I know it was serious.
Love your layout. You are right - those bats are too cute!
Where do you purchase your Making Memories stuff from? We do not have a good local store here.
AHHH! Craziness with the BBQ and your hair! I'm glad it wasn't completely traumatizing for you...it worked out okay cuz you make a cute brunette! ;)
I need to read your blog more! I am learning a ton. Sorry about your accident! I did that when I was a teen, although it wasn't because the lid was closed, just took too long to light... BOMB!
oh my gosh, kim, i had no idea that was why you changed your hair... poor thing!! i love the colour & style!!
i loved the pics of halloween... beautifully done... and ryker's costume is just adorable!!!
janna
Post a Comment