I want to give a huge thank you to everyone that commented on my blog and on facebook. It really means a lot...probably more than I can even express to you here. So thank you!!! :)
And I thought I'd share a little album I made telling a little story about our growing family....









One of my favorite things I did before we adopted Ryker was surprise my 2 best friends with Ryker's 1rst year album. I told them that I had been working on something and I wanted to show them. I remember we were sitting in Talia's living room when she started flipping through the album...and I think it only took the first couple of pages before they were both crying.... So when I found out I was pregnant I knew I wanted to surprise them in the same sort of way. Unfortunately Adria doesn't live close by right now, and I wanted to tell them before we would all be together again, so Tal is the only one that got to see what I made. The surprise this time was just as fun as the first...just being able to share exciting news with people you love is great! (Of course our families responses were classic too...and being able to call Adria and tell her was so much fun!)
I've been sick almost every morning and night...and I'm always tired, so scrapbooking has been put on hold for a bit. It makes me sad, but sometimes there are other more important things that need to come first. I've been reading lots lately and have really been enjoying being able to get my brain going in other ways. Funny how you a lose a lot of adult interaction once you have kids and aren't working...I rarely watch t.v. unless Ryker's in bed or it's a kiddie show, and we have hardly left the house in months except to make needed stops for milk and things like that...or Christmas shopping which is done and over...so reading something that actually gets me thinking about serious stuff has been good. Okay...it's not as bad as it sounds...we do go out once in a while, but I'm sure you can understand what I mean.
Have a great night.... :)

11 comments:
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL album Kim. So precious. I love it. Thank you for sharing! You are so inspiring. Take care of yourself and just treasure every second of this amazing journey you are on!
I LOVE that album! What a great idea.
I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. I was sick during my WHOLE pregnancy, even during delivery...yikes!
Hopefully it passes soon!!! Take care & enjoy reading some fun books!! :D
super cute album kim!! tal told me you made this :)
It's hard to get out of the house when you feel like crap! Enjoy just being able to stay at home...that's the best!!
So cute. I been thinking about you almost every day and your little miracle. I walk up to friends and just have to tell them your good news, even though they have no clue who you are.
I'm in a book club and had to pick the book this month. I'm not usually a reader, so I guess it is good that it get me actually reading something every month. Right now I'm trying to finish Pollyanna and am loving it. We all have so much to be glad for...
what a beautiful album you are so talented! sorry your sick but so worth it eh!! you are a trooper hopefully you'll get over this phase soon. love the album you always do such beautiful work! some good easy lds reads are anything by anita stansfield/ betsy brennon green /claire paulson /racheal anne nunes just some ideas! hopefully your feeling better soon ttyl
I just LOVE your style - so simple and elegant, and BEAUTIFUL!
Oh, I COMPLETELY understand about the adult interaction thing. BOY do I understand. And it's even harder when you aren't feeling 100%. Take care of yourself, and your little family. And invite some girlfriends over for some hot chocolate and some "grown up" conversation! You deserve it!
and also...
PS: I have tagged you!
1 - Link back to the blog that tagged you
2 - Make a list of 6 (un)interesting things about yourself
3 - Tag five other blogs, and let them know by leaving them a comment
I like these kinds of albums. What adhesive did you use? I have a hard time getting a smooth finish when I glue bigger stuff.
All that being sick will be worth it in the end. Hang in there.
I'm hopping over from Talia's blog, and I love your scrapbook style! :) Great album. :)
I hope you feel better soon!
Hey Kim! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you all the best and so much joy in the years to come!
Post a Comment