Sunday, January 04, 2009

Miracles.

(*Warning...long post...*)










We're having a baby!!!!!!!

(I'm due June 23rd!!!)



"When you are trying to become pregnant, and especially if you have suffered through the wrenching trials of infertility, somehow something as simple as that tiny rectangle on the end of a piece of plastic takes on all the promises of tomorrow's hopes and dreams."
-Kate Gosselin



We have struggled almost 9 years of infertility.  We were told that we had a better chance of winning the lottery 5 times before we'd ever get pregnant, so you can imagine how we felt that night as we waited for the results of yet another pregnancy test....  At this point in our lives I think we had both given up on the hope that I would ever get pregnant, but when I started to not feel good at night and just felt off I suggested to Cody that we take a test.  He immediately wanted to protect me and tried to convince me that I shouldn't get my hopes up...his exact words were "You know you're not pregnant!"  As good hubbys do, he went out and got me a test.  It was immediately positive and all we could do was look at each other in shock.  And as silly as we can be about these things we decided that we needed to go get another test to just make sure.  Well 4 more tests later...they were all positive!  We confirmed with my doctor and got to go to our first ultrasound in November (the above picture) and we will be going for another ultrasound at the end of the month.  

There have been so many feelings and emotions the past few months, but I must express my deepest feelings of gratitude to a loving Father in Heaven who knows me and loves me.  I feel so humbled to have seen many miracles in my life...through the adoption of Ryker and now the blessing of being pregnant.  It has been a complete surprise to us and we have had our fair share of tears...shock...and excitement...trust me.  I think we were in shock for weeks.  And we really feel that it couldn't have come at a better time...the timing is perfect.  We've sat here with our adoption application for months...wanting more children, but not feeling quite ready to fill out our initial application.  And what better reason that it didn't get completed.  Little did we know that there was another plan for us.

Even though I am now a mother, pregnancy has been something I've been really uncomfortable with.  It just tends to be a topic among married women, and not that I haven't been extremely happy for friends and family when they've been pregnant, but I've cried too many tears of sadness over our own infertility that it just makes it very sensitive.  It's been so hard for me to open up and share this exciting news...I almost feel like I'm exposing my deepest darkest fears to everyone...haha!!  I've thought about this post for weeks...when I would be ready to do it...and when I would be ready to start telling people.  I really love my blog and have loved getting to know so many of you through the blogging world....  So now it's out....


We're having a baby and we're sooooo excited :)



Kim....

44 comments:

Krystal Simpson said...

Kim - I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations!!!!

shelleyjanae said...

Congrats Kim! That is such good news. Yippee!!

Christie said...

I'm Crying.. yet again!! We are soooo excited for you and Cody and Ryker!! You guys are amazing parents and i Know Ryker will be the best Big Brother! YAY!!!!!

Roxanne said...

That is so AWESOME!!! I'm excited for you that you get to experience pregnancy too. Who could ever predict the ways of God? This is an exciting way for Him to surprise you too! 2009 is going to be a great year to remember. I'll keep you all in my prayers too. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys Kim! Congrats!!- Hilorie

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Congratulations!! This is AMAZING news!!!
We've been struggling with infertility for the last 3,5 years aswell and your news gives me new strength to hang in there and keep faith. Miracles do happen! Hope you're having a great pregnancy.

Veronica said...

Congratulations Kim! That is awesome news! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

IM SENDING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A BIG CONGRATS AND A BIG HUG! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU... YOU DESERVE IT AND I'M SURE RYKER WILL BE A GREAT BIG BROTHER!

IT IS A HAPPY 2009, ISN'T IT?

ALL THE BEST!

Sarah said...

Wow! Congratulations Kim!!! That's such a wonderful miracle from your Heavenly Father.

I have enjoyed "getting to know you" through your blog. Thanks for sharing your AWESOME news!

All the best during your pregnancy,
Sarah Wolsey :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kim and Cody!!!!

Lori and I are near tears here. We're so excited for you both. It couldn't have happened to two more deserving people!!!! What a great way to start 2009!

Jan and Lori

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kim, Cody & Ryker!

Having gone through so much as you have, it is beyond words that I pass along my sincerest congratulations to you all. It is truly a miracle and one that you a very deserving of. I am so happy for you all.

Pat

Jess said...

Hurray for you all! The Lord has a plan for us all now doesn't he? You all deserve it- we love you guys!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you & your family! Miracles are always worth the wait!

Amy Beier

Talia said...

Yay! The secret is finally out...I can't wait for us to have babies together!!

Runaway Farm said...

Every time I've read your blog lately I thought you were going to tell us that . . . but then I remembered you adopted Ryker and thought I was reading way too much into blogs! Congrats! We too had infertility probs for 3 years. Did IVF and ended up with triplets the first time. Reese was our surprise baby too without any help at all. Sometimes when the pressure is off -- I think it works better! Congrats again!

Nadine Karen said...

Kim I am so excited for you and your family. I saw your picture when I opened up your blog and got goose bumps! Congratulations!!!!

jessica said...

Wow!! What amazing news!!! Congratulations. SUPER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so so excited for you. Keep the updates coming.

Lindsay Bateman said...

Kim...that is the most fabulous news EVER!!! I am so extremely happy for you...this post literally brought tears to my eyes. I do not even know you that well...but somehow I just felt so much for you all in reading your story. What an amazing Christmas gift in so many ways. I am extremely so happy and excited for your family! That is incredible! What a story....!

Roslyn said...

Wow, congratulations Kim! That is so very wonderful. Best wishes to your growing family!!!

s a n s k u :) said...

How exciting!!!!!! I got tears in my eyes as I read this. Also laughed when I read the FOUR pregnancy tests. I think I'd have to do 100 before I ever believed I was pregnant. :D I'm really happy for you and I can understand how this would be an overly emotional time for you. Who says miracles don't happen!

Ashley said...

Wow! That is so exciting, Kim! I am very happy for you. Congratulations!

Allison said...

Kim this is such happy news! Congrats a million times over :D

Melissa :) said...

Love your post. Can relate so much to your words.

Congratulations!! :)

Thanks for including us. Now you have to post more often. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, it's Brook. Congrats. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear updates and eventually see pics.

The Heavenor's said...

Wow Kim, that is such an amazing blessing! I was tearing up reading that! I'm so excited for you and that you can expirence the whole pregnancy / birth expirence! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Kim and Cody, Congratulations! This is such exciting news. Best wishes through the next exciting months.

Christal said...

kim I am bawling i am so so happy excited and this whole post just gave me so much faith and hope that someday after 12 years maybe it could really happen to us too! I am just so happy for you guys wow eh!!! miracles do happen you are awesome i'm going to keep you in our prayers that all is good!!! What an awesome gift eh!!! congrats!!!

Itworksforbobbi said...

That is absolutely thrilling news! Oh, the tender mercies of the Lord are awe inspiring! Congratulations to you and your husband. I'll bet Ryker will be thrilled with a new sibling to torture ;)

P.S. I LOVE YOUR HAIR!

Anne Thompson said...

Congratulations! Wow, what an amazing miracle :) Those are some harsh odds. But when God is in control those odds don't count! So very excited for you :) Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
We are so excited for you guys!!! That is so awesome.
Kristin and Mark

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
We are so excited for you guys!!! That is so awesome.
Kristin and Mark

The Whiddens said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting!
Well, let me be the 33rd to congratulate you :) Congratulations!

Janna said...

kim... this is absolutely fantastic news, and congratulations to you, cody & ryker!! now you'll have to let me know what letter you need:)

CONGRATS:)

<3 janna

nichole said...

I can't believe it!!!!! What an absolute miracle, and not just an ordinary miracle (name of my blog). Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Cody and Ryker! What an awesome blessing from God.

Roxanne Jegodtka

Paula said...

Congratulations to you! It goes by so quickly so sit back and enjoy the ride. Hope everything goes well. You, Cody & Ryker are in my thoughts as you experience this wonderful event.

Kimmy said...

Hi, Kim. We've never met in person or in blogville, but I stumbled upon your blog while looking for a recipe for Old Dutch Caramel Popcorn . . . and then I connected to "Life Happens" about a month ago and have been visiting periodically. I really enjoy your blog. I hadn't been here since the new year, but I was SO happy for you when I read this post. God is truly amazing and yes, HE still performs miracles today. May you experience His peace, love, protection and care throughout your pregnancy. I can't wait to hear more as your pregnancy progresses.
Feel free to visit my blog, www.kim-possible7.blogspot.com
I live near Saskatoon, SK.
Take care,
(another) Kim

Andrea said...

That's the best news ever!
congrats.

Anonymous said...

Long time follower of your blog and of the Goodie-box...

I'm thrilled for YOU and your HUBBIE! Thank GOD from whom all blessing flow...

Unknown said...

OH KIM!!!!!!!
I am SO happy for you!!!!!!
That's just wonderful news. God's timing is always amazing.
Huge hugs to you!

Treasured Memories said...

Kim that is SO awesome! I am so excited for you, you are so blessed and you truely deserve it. Everytime i see you, you are positive, kind, sweet and truely pleasant to be around! I couldnt be happier for you and look SO forward to seeing some cute pictures when the baby finally comes...

Sharon said...

hey, I just heard the other night, yes, I am out of the loop and it would help if I read your blog, but just really, really wanted to say again how happy I am for you! ((((HUGS))))

Nikki said...

I'm so late to the party...but just have to add my congratulations to the fray!!!