Thursday, March 05, 2009

A little update.

So we've had a very unproductive week.  And I keep telling myself that it's okay considering Ryker has been sick.  He is now feeling a lot better...still coughing, but we're sleeping better at night, so it makes things so much better.  We need to get this boy a 'real' bed though as soon as possible so I'm thinking our sleeping will be wonky again for a bit.  He doesn't want to sleep in his bed at night and refuses to take a nap in his crib...where does he want to sleep you ask???  Yup...our bed!!  The sooner he has a big boy bed the better for many reasons....



The weather here changes everyday from cold...to colder...to warm...and then back to cold again so we've had many days cooped up.  On one of the nicer days we made a trip to Walmart (before Ryker was sick) and bought some new paints.  This kid can not get enough.  He's painting up a storm.  One day my mom stopped by for a little visit...we were sitting in Ryker's room and he looks at us, puts his little finger in the air and says "I know...painting!!"  haha!!  That's all he wants to do, so I have to hide the paints....it's a great activity to keep him busy, but it sure gets messy.  



I've had lots of emails about being prego...so a little update...

I've finally stopped getting sick all the time.  Crazy how it just ends one day.  Of course I still gag and all that fun stuff once in awhile, but really I'm feeling pretty good.  My back is killing me...by the end of the day I can hardly move and it's nearly impossible to pick Ryker up, but for Christmas my hubby had given me a gift certificate for this fun place...so I get to have a massage every three weeks!!  It's the best!!  I have the best massage therapist...she's super nice and she is great at making me feel better.  I'm so not a deep massage person, but I just tell myself that I need to let her work and I'll feel better when it's all done...sometimes I have to remind myself of that as I'm laying on the bed..."it will feel soooo much better when she's done!"  But really what I'm learning from being pregnant is that there are sooo many things that people don't tell you about...like being stuffed up all the time.  I made a comment to someone about this and they looked at me all funny like they didn't know what I was talking about, but I know I'm not the only one who suffers from being stuffed up.  I've heard it's quite common.  And then of course it's just hard letting yourself get fat.  It's all for a good cause....

I'm 24 weeks now, which just seems crazy to me since I still sometimes can't believe I'm actually pregnant...but it's really not too much longer....



Okay...so I actually did something this week for someone really special to me, but I don't want her to peek...


soooo.... no peeking!!!!



Christie...stop reading here....




I made a 6x6 version of Talia's Big Picture Class as a gift.  (Anyone having a baby or needing a great baby gift check out this class!!  It's the best!)  Here's a few peeks at it....


The cover...I used one of those 6x6 S.E.I. books.


The Title Page...

I used library pockets for the mommy and daddy to each tuck a little note in for baby Maya.


And then each month as two pages to add a picture and journaling.


So simple, but these albums are the best!!  I love being able to look back and see how much they've changed over the year.  And they make a great little gift!!  


I have a few other things I've been working on, but if I can ever find the time I'll get them finished and on here to share.  


My goals for the next little bit are to get some major cleaning and organizing done around here.  I try to do a few things each day, but it sure doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere when I look around at the end of the day.


We also booked a little family holiday...which I'm really looking forward to.  I want it to be a special little trip for Ryker before the baby is born.  So we're headed to Phoenix to play in the pool and do some shopping and visiting :)  I'm really looking forward to it, especially since it will be my last trip before this next little dude comes.


Enough blabbing from me though...


Enjoy the rest of the week!!  And check back soon for a really exciting announcement!!!


Kim :)

5 comments:

Lindsay Bateman said...

What a great post! I think about you often and how you are feeling so it is nice to get an update! Your son is adorable, I love his desire for creativity! So great. I LOVE your album too...it turned out beautifully...great job and what a nice gift to give. Can't wait to hear more...especially that exciting announcement...hmmmm....

Talia said...

the album turned out beautiful! a nice little gift size!

Sarah said...

That book is seriously CUTE!
That's so great that Ryker likes to paint so much! Having such a creative mom must be rubbing off on him... :)

Allison said...

Yeah, I think I'm still stuffy from being prego! You're right, people leave out the most interesting details and then you experience it and they're like "oh yeah, didn't I mention that?" I found the more water I drank, the less stuffy I was- I guess water helps drain everything. Hope that helps!

Ashley said...

That book is adorable! I love it. I haven't scrapbooked since last Summer...how sad is that? School is taking over my life! I miss it.

I'm glad things are going well with your pregnancy!