Thursday, April 09, 2009

the highlights....


* Spending time with some special people in our lives...we spent a whole day together and we even met up and went to the Mesa Temple Easter Pageant.  It was sooo nice being together...it had been way too long :)  We love you guys!!


* Swimming at the hotel.  Ryker LOVED swimming and it was perfect weather...like one of our hot hot summer days.  I think Ryker's favorite thing was the lazy river tube ride.  He'd sit with us perfectly and we'd float around over and over again.

* Ryker was amazing on our flights.  I think we both were expecting it to be very difficult to fly with a 2 year old, but he sat perfectly and watched movies, colored, read books, and ate snacks.  He was perfect!  The last 20 minutes of our flight into Phoenix we had the worst turbulence I've ever ever experienced...I was nervous, but Ryker loved it and just laughed hysterically.  haha!!

* Shopping at all my favorite places!!!  I had so much fun at Target.  Love that store.  I got some new bathing suits since I didn't make it out before we left...and a few other maternity items, lots of fun Easter stuff, cute stuff for Ryker and fun toys, baby stuff and more baby stuff...we actually had to buy another huge suitcase just to get all our stuff home.  It was a little ridiculous....

* So many yummy food stops.  I got my Mac and Cheese from Yardhouse...my favorite!!  I've been craving it since my sister text me from Hawaii and just had to rub it in that she was enjoying it...yum!  And Baja Fresh which has been a fav since my parents lived in Cali.  We always had to make a stop there.  Can you tell I'm pregnant when some of the highlights are food...hehe!!
(this was another carousal ride at one of the outlet malls we stopped at)

* One night when Cody had dropped me off at Target the boys went to this fun park..which turned out to have all these cool old trains and a train ride around the park, a carousal ride and then a little ice cream shop.  They had a great time and of course I missed out.  Too bad I didn't leave the camera with them.

* Ryker LOVED our rental car and never wanted to get out.  He always asked to go for a "ride" and would be happy to sit and watch out the window.  It was really funny how much he loved driving around.


We really had a great time.  It was exactly what I wanted our holiday to be...and I was so not ready to come home.  I could have stayed a few more days, but when we booked the trip we had no idea how Ryker would travel and Cody can never get away from work for too long.


Now that we're back there's lots to do.  We've started working on the rooms...BIG job!!!  I've been washing baby clothes, organizing toys and closets, moving furniture around...the house is a mess.  I'm having such a hard time changing Ryker's room.  His nursery was exactly what I wanted it to be...and I just can't picture it any other way.  Man, I just can't seem to let that cutie grow up.  Everything makes me sad...too many changes.  I guess that's why our holiday meant so much.  I really want to spend these last couple of months (10 weeks till my due date) enjoying every moment with Ryker.  I think he'll always be my little baby....  But today I'm off to find some material for both boys.  Wish me luck!  I gotta come up with a vision for their rooms and figure it all out.


I hope everyone had a Happy Easter too!!  We've been busy with dinners....yum!!


K :)

7 comments:

Lindsay Bateman said...

WOW! What a great post! Looks like you all had an amazing time. So happy that everything worked out well, especially the plane ride.:)
I loved reading about all your guys adventures. The water park looks awesome. Tubes are my favorite!

nichole said...

So much fun. Glad the plane ride went well for Ryker.

My secret for big pictures: http://afmwords.blogspot.com/2009/01/posting-larger-photos-101.html

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome trip together!

I'm glad to hear that Ryker did well on the plane ride. We've been thinking about going on a trip, but have been hesitant because we don't know how our little guy would handle the plane! You've given me hope! haha :)

chanel said...

what a fun time ... glad you had a great holiday
luv chanel

Roxanne said...

That sounds like a perfect holiday! And your hotel looks amazing!!
You'll do great with two babies...Ryker will seem bigger, but its ALL GOOD! I know you'll love it and I'm sure he will adore being a big brother.

Ashley said...

I'm glad you had fun. I'm from Arizona (Mesa) and you're making me homesick with the talk of the hot, hot, hot days. :)

Christal said...

how fun I'm so glad ryker was good that makes it all the better eh!! Did you get the sweet flight deal for 99 bucks?? We have gone back and forth with it then found out Darren has a meeting in florida at the end of may so now I get to go to florida for a week sans kids!! Yeah I do need a holiday !! Glad you had a great one!!