Sunday morning Cody and I were getting ready for church (quickly...since we were running kind of late already) when we heard these two little words from Ryker as he's climbing the stairs. Uh Oh was right! Ryker found a permanent black felt and had colored everywhere...including himself!!! He still has some marks on his stomach and I haven't been able to get it off the desk and chair completely even though I've tried everything I can think of....
At least he wasn't already dressed...haha!!
I should mention that he also woke up that morning (and yes...it was Mother's Day) with a bleeding nose...everywhere. I hate when that happens. Luckily Cody was home and up with Ryker so he had him all cleaned up and the bed all cleaned up before I even woke up!
Life with a 2 year old :)

13 comments:
Oh no!! Marker dosen't sound so good!! I can't believe how big he is getting, What a cutie!
Thank goodness for the Magic Erasers (have you tried that yet?), eh? =) My little guy did the same thing to our newly painted walls and the magic eraser took it off with a little elbow grease. What a great scrapbook worthy moment! haha! =)
i am definitely in love with magic erasers!! what a boy!!!
Oh no! I guess he was drawing a "picture" for you for Mother's Day! lol Hopefully it'll come off...
oh....my....goodness!!!
i think every kid does this at least once!
payton did this all over my good white ikea shelf in our old house...it ended up going in the garbage when we moved 'cause we never could get the black marker off. aaahhh!!!
oh I hear you pure joy eh!! happy mothers day ahhhh!!!
Hair spray! It works wonders
hey kim, is something i get to look forward to with logan. he is so cute though. i love the post with him trying to use the toilet. i guess he wants to use it. how r u feeling. the pics of you are so beautiful. when is your due date?
keep me posted. oh and if you want to get marker off try hairspray. it should work. good luck
love ya cheryl
My kids did the same thing on their Ikea play table and chairs. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser took most of it off, and what it did not remove, Goof Off took off.
Goof Off is on the shelf right next to the Goo Gone (two things that no house with kids should be without!)
Good luck.
I haven't had permanent marker yet, but we can't let my 21 month old anywhere near writing utensils lately. On Sunday she colored a book, the window, and our wood piano bench! Good luck, but know you're not alone. At least you got great pictures to laugh at down the road.
Oh my goodness! I can remember a few times when my girls did that (not too long ago, only about 2 years ago!) Good job for taking the picture : ) Sooo cute!
You are a scrapper/blogger Mom when you run for the camera (instead of crying your eyes out) when this happens. :)
Has it come out yet? Nail polish remover with a cotton ball? If that doesn't do it, try denatured alcohol (you can get it at home depot). good luck!
we had it happen too, it was smiley face stamps tho which wouldn't come off! i'm not sure which is worse really!
hope you are feeling well
luv chanel
Post a Comment