We're home.....
We had a great week with my family at Shuswap! We stayed in a beautiful cabin...enjoyed the beach...rented a boat...and sea doos...did lots of swimming...playing in the sand...reading...suntanning...eating...even went to the go-karts...played games...went for walks and bike rides...got some sleep at night...had lots of help with the boys...had some fun activities with the kids (a fish pond, painting, scrapbooking...)...hiked to the falls...had some good laughs...really just too much fun!!!




The boys were soooo good and Ryker was in heaven playing outside and swimming all day long. On our way home he kept asking to go back on holidays. haha!! Think he had fun??!!
My mom had asked each of us to bring an activity to do with the kids in case it rained...well since we didn't really have any rain we didn't get around to too many of these activities, but I did manage to squeeze mine in during supper prep. I printed off this album from house of 3 that each of my nieces and nephew made and so they could add pics of our holiday to. I think they all had fun cutting and scrapping away...of course we didn't get everything finished, so they each got to go home with a bag of stuff to decorate their little album and then I tried to take a bunch of pics so I could print them off each a page of mini pics to add in. I didn't actually get to make my own...but I plan on working on one soon :)


Ryker was my little dare devil and wanted to do everything the big kids were doing. He went on his first go-kart ride and his first tube ride...which he LOVED!!! He was quite upset that the big kids got the first tube ride and kept asking for "Ryker's turn."
Ryker was my little dare devil and wanted to do everything the big kids were doing. He went on his first go-kart ride and his first tube ride...which he LOVED!!! He was quite upset that the big kids got the first tube ride and kept asking for "Ryker's turn."
Everyone was such a big help...it seemed like anytime I'd put Maguire down to run upstairs I'd come back to find Pacey or Sydney holding him and taking care of him. They were so cute and sooo good with Ryker and Maguire. Poor little Charly learned to watch out for Ryker...he'd walk up to her and stick his stomach out and knock her over...but he didn't use his hands so he didn't think he'd get in trouble...haha!! She soon learned to stay away from him! haha!! Charly was walking everywhere...and was just happy as can be. She loved Maguire and always wanted to kiss him. If you ask her what Maguire says she makes a little screaming sound like he makes...it's pretty cute! And of course Talin was so much fun. He was so good at sharing his stuff with Ryker...even when Ryker wanted his prizes he just let him have them without complaining. He's such a nice kid. I love them all!!
So many things to do now that we're home. Where do I even begin??? And we're blessing Maguire this weekend, so it's pretty busy around here. I'm really feeling like there is no time to get anything done. I still have to work on Ryker's room, but I seriously can't seem to find the time or energy to do it. Maguire thinks he needs to be held all day long (he was quite spoiled on holidays) and of course Ryker has been a handful since we've been back. Gotta watch him closely...haha!! He still jumps on Maguire any chance he gets and hits him. We went to the store yesterday and the whole time we were walking around he was trying to hit Maguire who was sleeping in the sling. I ended up pushing the cart with one hand to keep Ryker as far from Maguire as I could. We're working on it....
Anyway...I should get to bed. I've been dying from lack of sleep lately and Ryker's been waking up at 7:30 (that's early around here...). Gotta find some energy....
So glad to be home!!
K :)

5 comments:
The kids are adorable especially the baby, so cute! I’m sure you had a wonderful time.
That’s one awesome family vacation. Have a great summer everyone!
Oh, it sounds like you had so much fun! It's always a shock when you get back from holidays and suddenly you have to take care of the kids on your own, hey? Haha! Cute pics!!
so fun love the cute pics!! We used to live in sorento right on the shuswap!! Beautiful love summer!!
Cute pics! We are headed to Shuswap in a few weeks with the whole Hildebrand family & after reading your post I am so excited!
I can hardly believe how big Maguire is getting already.....so sweet.
Post a Comment