Wednesday, August 19, 2009

home

Photobucket

We just got home from a fun filled week with Cody's family. We all headed to Cody's dad's house for a few days...so much fun...where to even begin....


Photobucket

Photobucket

On our way down we stopped at Fairmont Hot Springs for a couple of days and had a great time with Cody's two sisters and their families. We went on this little hike to some falls and went swimming in the hot springs...Ryker loved it! There are all kinds of little pools for the kids to play in...so fun. And then we also went to the actual pools at the hotel later that day and swam some more. Ryker LOVES the water!! It was funny cause he wanted to go off the diving board soooo bad, but of course the lifeguard wouldn't let him. You should have seen how upset he was. haha!!


Then Tuesday morning we continued our trip down to the reunion. Can you believe there is 39 of us?? It's crazy. But I have to say that the kids have so much fun together. We took our dirt bikes with us which was a good thing since the weather wasn't that great so we couldn't spend too much time at the beach. Ryker loved riding on Mommy's bike with dad...he looked so relaxed with his feet kicked up riding around. Grandpa had built a sand box...where Ryker pretty much stayed the whole time (unless he was swinging in the hammock...haha). It's always nice to see everyone, especially since everyone kind of lives all over the place. Thanks Ernie and Donna for having us!! And for doing all that cooking!!


Thursday night it started raining during our talent show, so we ended up in our room playing a bit before Ryker's bedtime. Cody had brought the little chalk board into our room for Ryker to play with. Ryker turned to me and said "write A and M!" Off he goes and writes the perfect letter M!! I was so impressed!! He's such a little smartie...I had to take some pics. His new favorite thing to do is write the letters in the alphabet. He can't write all of them, but he does a pretty good "M, U, L, R, Z, S, L, C, D K and I" I was so proud of him!! We're working on the other letters....

Photobucket


But we're home now. Time to get organized and back on a schedule. I still can't believe summer is coming to an end. I feel like we haven't even had summer yet...how can it be over?? I love coming home after holidays though...and feeling ready to tackle some projects. I decided this week that I would throw...get rid of...donate...give away 29 things. My sister told me about a book about getting rid of 50 things or something like that, but I thought I'd pick my age and see what kinds of stuff I can part with. So far so good. Well...if Ryker would stop taking the stuff back out of the give away box...haha!! I guess I should get back at it since the boys are both taking naps right now....


It's good to be home :)

4 comments:

Christie said...

So much fun! What good letters Ryker!! I should probably do that too - give away 22 things hehe. I'm so glad you guys had fun. What is that book that your sister told you about? I want to see if my library has it before we move. Cant wait to see you guys! Love ya!

Lindsay Bateman said...

Sounds like a fabulous time!:) Love all your pics. I am really liking the whole idea of getting rid of "50" things. I am so needing something like that right now. Thanks for sharing such an awesome tip!

Sarah said...

Sound like an awesome time! It's always nice to go on a trip.

I love the idea of getting rid of stuff. We've lived in our place for a year & it's horrible how much stuff we have in the basement!

I can't believe how fast summer has flown by. Your little guys are sure growing fast! :)

Sheri said...

Impressive job on the letters Ryker!!! (What a little smarty pants..........he's going to be the smart kid in class)