Cody is seriously the best daddy ever. He can do anything I can do for the boys and has been the biggest help with Ryker since Maguire was born. He gets up and takes a turn feeding Maguire at night and often gets up with Ryker if he wakes...seriously the best!! Somehow it seems like everyone has been giving me a hard time about it. They just can't believe that "I'd make Cody get up in the night...." I've heard a lot of "this is a different generation...our husbands NEVER did that...." It's not like I'm forcing Cody to wake up...or do bath time with Ryker...or play with the boys...or change diapers...or prepare breakfast...or take Ryker swimming or any other fun activity. And somehow I don't think I'm the only one who has an amazing hubby...although Cody is pretty great :) ...but for some reason it seems like I'm the only one getting a hard time about it...and I thought it was a good thing to have a hubby that would help out and do all those things?!?? Am I wrong here?? What I do know is that these two little boys will have the best relationship with their daddy and always know that he loves them soooo much!!!
Thanks for all your help Cody!!! You seriously are the greatest :)
Love you!

14 comments:
You are not the only one who gets those comments. Andrew is just as involved with Kaeden. He pretty much always got up to do a night feeding when Kaed's was little. He does bath time, cooks supper, does the dishes and whatever else I need help with. Even though Kaed's is going through a big Mommy faze right now, I know he loves hanging with Dada!
I think it is a different generation. There isn't a stigma attached to being an involved Dad anmore or the stereotype that Dad works and Mom stays home and looks after the kids. Thnigs are changing (for the better I think).
Go Kim!! This is one of the rare times i hear you vent... its refreshing hehe!! Love you guys!!! We do have the best hubbies for helping us all the time. GO US!
PS. Tell cody to smile in pictures! sheesh! hehe
When Ben (my first) was born, Cory changed his diaper way more than I did! it was so nice. I say take it while you can! (although it may last!)
Thomas is the same way...........I just consider myself so lucky and ignore all the jealous comments! When we were in Kelowna at my Granny's hosue she couldn't stop commenting the same thing (just a different generation). I figure if you can get a tiny bit more sleep thanks to your hubby it makes you a better mommy in the daytime instead of being totally burnt out and lacking in patience!
Kim, you are so not alone! Let me tell you about my day yesterday- Cory insisted I sit outside and read while he did 9 loads of laundry!! Bless his heart! So I know when we have kids he will be no different than Cody is with yours! Here's to our fabulous husbands!!!
Haha I get that all the time too. Steve's Oma likes to comment the most, she is SO old school about everything. "Why is Steve feeding Kalea?" To Steve: "You put her to sleep? That's not your job. *eyeroll in my direction" "These girls today, geesh, they don't do anything..." Haha, I am just so grateful that Steve is as involved as he is and I am soooooo looking forward to all the fun comments to come with this next baby. In the beginning I found it really annoying, now I try to write them down- it helps me remember how lucky I am!
I definately think it's a generational thing...Graham is TOTALLY hands on with all our kids. Like, there's no question! He's always right there with me and totally capable of doing everything I can do...if not more! Haha! Those other peeps are just jealous! (wink) But seriously, I understand where you're coming from. I'm always like, what dad DOESN'T help out with his own kids?
You have a great husband. Mine was/is the same way. If I were you, I'd be real sick of hearing those unwanted comments, that's for sure. If you want to decipher the comments - the ones that keep on & on do it because their husbands sucked & didn't lift a finger to help out. Making a baby is a two way street - that doesn't & shouldn't stop because the baby is born. I'd tell those others to can it or I'd just walk off.
Man. I must be in some mood. LOL That was really tacky! But you get my gist. :)
awww...your hubby sounds amazing!! as hard as it may be just relish the fact that you have such a supportive understanding partner. sometimes outside distraction can be overwhelming and can cause us to doubt what we know and feel to be right...i've been dealing with some of the same feelings right now in different areas of my life and i just try to remind myself to be strong and true and not let anyone rain on my parade!!! lol.
you are very blessed! btw...love your shushwap pics. they are awesome. looks like a blast! can't wait to see how you scrap them!:) don't you just LOVE new photos??
I have a wonderful husband who is a wonderful Dad but I am also a wonderful mum and wife and that is never pointed out but the people who benefit from two wonderful parents is our children and in showing them that working as a team is important it gives them a strong sense of security and a nuturing enviroment so let those people comments bug u I would have my family life any other way.
I totally agree, I find its our older generation that gives us those comments too! Jordan does things like that too and I get hassled also! haha, don't worry Kim, there just jelous thats why they say it. They wish there husbands did do that way back when! Although, I must say my dad impresses me! He was a full time Engineering student and working part time and would get up every night with one of the twins and my mom would do the other! So maybe it just depends on the husband!
We are a different generation! My hubs and I had our first daughter when he was 24 and I was 22, and I MADE him get up in the night and bring the baby's to me to feed! Sometimes I'd make him sit up and talk to me while I nursed!!!! We are blessed to have husbands that are involved in 'our' children's lives. And I do believe that the people that say anything negative are really just jealous!
Hey so I can't help but comment even though you have a ton already for this post. But I don't think it is a gerational thing. My mom would always tell me that my dad was the one to get up with the new babies at night, and he would let her sleep.
I think there are just diffrent relationships and diffrent things work for diffrent families.
That's so nice that Cody helps out so much, what a blessing!
Post a Comment