Monday, November 23, 2009

This year....

Every year at Christmas time I buy a Christmas book to add to our collection. This year while browsing through blogs (you know how you start to read a blog and then click on someone else and then click on another blog and another until you can't even remember how you came across it in the first place??!!) I came across this book and knew I wanted to check it out. It came highly recommended by the blog writer and I have to say that I really enjoyed it too. I think I love the illustrations just as much as the actual story.


The Christmas decorations have not made it out of the basement yet and the tree is not up, but I'm getting anxious to get everything out and get the house decorated. I'm also looking forward to have Ryker stop asking if we can decorate for Halloween. I keep telling him that Christmas is coming and we'll get to decorate the house for that...I guess he really enjoyed the halloween season...haha!! Hopefully Christmas won't disappoint him... :)


And I'm really excited to have my little basket of Christmas books sitting out by the tree that we can read. It's one of my favorite things. I have some fun stuff planned for the holiday season...lets hope I get everything done soon. And if it gets done...I'll share. Cody's leaving again this week, so maybe it will give me some time to myself...but maybe not. Haha!! It usually just means I'm more tired cause I'm doing everything on my own.


Any other Christmas books that I shouldn't be living without?


Please share...I'm always looking for recommendations :)

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm excited to check that book out! Do you have any other books in your collection that you love?

Juli P said...

Last Christmas, one Friday night when I was home alone, The Polar Express was on the Disney Channel. I ordered a pizza and sat on the living room floor with my 2 and 4 year old and we watched it. My son has been in LOVE with the Train Movie ever since. So, we got the book. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is wonderful! I'm not a huge fan of all the "old" Christmas movies. The Polar Express has become my favorite and the favorite of both my kids. Highly recommend it!
I'll have to check out this book you mentioned. I do the same, buy a special book and ornament for each of my kids every year.