Thursday, December 03, 2009

As requested...

Okay...

So I had a few emails asking me about some of the other books I've collected. Just thought I'd share a few more that my little family loves!


This first one is a classic. I searched for just the right one (I can be picky with my illustrations...haha) but I loved this one.

We also have this edition as well...the pictures are really cute too!! This book definitely takes me back to my childhood. I can specifically remember one Christmas when my sisters and I acted out this story and video taped it...if only we still had a copy. It was the funniest thing. We dressed up my Cabbage Patch doll to look like Santa and everything. It was pretty good.


Then this next one was a favorite from my years in elementary school. I can still remember perfectly the librarian reading it to my class for the first time. It's really really cute...with little envelopes with letters and Christmas cards tucked inside...or little activities. I haven't read this book yet this Christmas season, but I think it's one of my very favorites.



Okay...so this one I originally bought cause it was like $3 at Walmart or something like that and just thought it would be a good one for Ryker. But I have to say it really was a great purchase. I completely love it for many different reasons. The story is really sweet...it goes through all the animals and talks about the different things we remember at Christmas time. It focuses more on the birth of the Savior than Santa. And I always get a little teary reading it. It's a book that really brings the true spirit and meaning of Christmas. (and how can you beat $3??!!?)


A couple of years ago my sister bought this book for my family. Yes, I had already seen the movie so it was already a favorite, but I love the book even more!!

Here is another one that takes me back to my childhood.... It's a fun one cause you get to scratch different pictures and smell the items as you read. Fun for kids!! (It also reminds me of all the scratch and sniff stickers I collected when I was littler...remember when you collected stickers and kept them in your sticker book???! We always traded with other people too...haha!! Oh the memories. I probably still have my sticker book in a box somewhere.)


This book was recommended by some family friends...another really good one to have. I love snowmen!!

I actually just ordered this one and haven't received it yet, but a friend from church shared it with us and I immediately knew I had to have it. It talks about the characteristics of Santa and then compares them to Jesus and his characteristics (I haven't read much further than that, but she said the rest of the book is really good too). When it comes I'll tell you what I think, but when I read reviews for the book online everyone LOVED it! I can't wait for it to come...sooo exciting!!!
All my books are sitting in a cute little basket by the Christmas tree.... Ryker and I read them and look at the often in the day and I love it. I love reading to my boys and I love to see them enjoy it as much as I do. I didn't always love reading as a little kid, but as I've grown up I've learned the importance of it. And hopefully every year as a family we can read through some of our favorite Christmas stories and cherish the special moments and memories that it creates.


:)

2 comments:

viki said...

I too have a basket filled with christmas lovelies read to our girls over their 19/20 years of childhood. One of my favorites, and one that I like to give every year to some new young family is "Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect" by Richard H. Schneider. This is a wonderful story of love and charity. Something we all try to pass on to our children. Another all time favorite you will want to read to your boys when they are a bit older is "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Barbara Robinson. I first heard this story as an adult and just loved it. I hope you check it out. Happy Holidays to you and your cute little family.

Christal said...

love it thanks for the reviews and new ideas!!! hope your doing good with those cute little boys!!