So I'm pretty sure that this boy's goal involves this bike. He got this bike in the summer and we enjoyed walking around the block while he rode ahead of us, but ever since Cody brought it into the house he has not let it out of his site. I came out of the shower the other night to find that he had carried it upstairs to our bedroom...ALL BY HIMSELF!!! He practices "tricks" by lifting up his front tire...made a little jump for himself with a shelf I had taken down...and has even attempted to ride down the stairs when we weren't looking (luckily we caught him in time...haha!! I'm scared to turn my back!). Life is pretty good when your dad lets you ride your bike all over the house :)
And this little guy is working hard on his crawling. He's got the rocking down pat...and even launches himself once in awhile if he can get himself moving good enough. But I'm sure little Maguire's goals would include...
a. crawling and
b. crawling so he can move out of the way of his brother on his bike...haha!!
He hasn't been run over yet, but I'm sure if I turn my back it could happen. He loves watching Ryker ride around and Ryker makes sure to smile or make a funny face at Maguire when he rides by.
I asked the daddy in this house last night if he was setting any goals and of course he claimed he hadn't even thought about it. After giving him a few minutes to think about it he came up with some really good ones...some personal and some we can work on together.
And for me....
I think I'm going to take a look at this. I definitely have been thinking of lots of different things I want to accomplish and work on this year...and in all aspects of my life...personal...spiritual...family goals....but I also don't want to overload myself.
To share a few...
- I want to get in better shape. We've been having so much fun with Wii fit, but I need to figure out a real routine...something that will work with my life. I really think that's the key. Finding ways to make it a regular part of my life. If it's too hard I know it won't get done.
- Read my scriptures more regularly and maybe try to do it together with Cody. We'll have to chat about this one and see what we can work out. I find it's the time of day we gotta figure out.
- Finish some of the projects around the house (I started a quilt almost 2 years ago and it's still not done...do you have things like that??) and our basement is now going on 3 years!!! Yes...it's been 3 years since we started it and it's so close to being done. We really only have the fireplace to do and some shelves in the bathroom...so there's no excuse to not get it done this year if not within the next couple of months, right? This one I need to make a list of the projects and then maybe each month I can focus on something.
- One of the really important goals for me is to get inspired again and get back to my regular scrapbooking. It's been totally effecting me that I haven't been doing much. And I guess really before I can get back to things I need to do something else....
- Clean up...purge...my scrap space. It's out of control. I think I still have some halloween stuff in a basket on the floor. This is something that has to be done this month.
- Another thing I've really been working on is cooking supper. I haven't gotten to the point where I have a meal plan, but I'm trying to at least do what I can so it's not 6 and I'm just starting to think about what we're going to eat. A girl I know has the most amazing meal planning routine and shared some really good ideas at a Relief Society Activity. One thing she does to save herself time is write her favorite recipes in the front of the cook book they're in with the page #. She finds it saves her a lot of time when she's making her meal plans. I admit to being completely disorganized when it comes to this area, but it's getting better. It's a work in progress.
okay...so the list is getting long. I'm gonna sit down and go back through it and see what I really want to accomplish.
I'm so excited for this new year!!
:)

4 comments:
check out relish.com
it is an awesome online meal planning company that has changed my relationship with cooking dinner! You choose from the meals for the week, and then it prints you out the shopping list {saves time & money!}...double yay!! good luck!
Thanks! It sounds like it's just what I need :)
Thank you so much for the Christmas card. You are amazing. I can't believe you put in that much work for each one! Sounds like great goals. Similar to my own list.
Your boys are adorable! Good luck with your goals -- you've inspired me.
Post a Comment