Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This was for the guests....

A couple of weeks ago we went to Utah to my cousins wedding (as I've mentioned...) and she had asked me to create a guest book for her reception.  She wanted it scrapbooked...and so the project began.


I started out loving it...and then of course because I had been looking at it too long I started to question what I thought.  Does that ever happen to you?  Well I loved the finished product and I think my cousin did too!


Here are a couple of my favorite pages....



Photobucket

Photobucket

(do you realize how hard it is to find albums right now? Okay maybe I was being picky...but when you're looking for something specific it's really hard. I ended up going with this pink corduroy one that I had bought in case I couldn't find anything else. And I was going to try and make my own, but by the time the pages were done there wasn't enough time for me to attempt it. haha!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Every other page had these journaling cards on them.  The book sat on the front table and as people came into the reception they wrote a little message in the guest book.  Or they could write on the journaling spots.  This would be a great 'guest book' cause I think you'd look at it more often since it's pictures of you...and messages are written in it.  I don't think I've ever looked through mine.  Maybe once after the wedding, but really there's no reason for me to look through it...I'd just be looking at people's signatures.  haha!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess this was more than a few pages...haha!


One of the nice things about this album is that I didn't even have to buy anything for it.  I have so much stuff that I was able to use what I had...and do you think it even made a dent?  nope!  Not even close...haha!!


Okay...now on to other things around here.


K :)


p.s.  Their pictures were beautiful!!!  It helps to have a friend who's a photographer.

5 comments:

Lindsay Bateman said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that album. how beautiful!!! i love the color scheme you used and all of the embelly's...so inspiring! and yes....GORGEOUS photos...wow! is that album a 6x6? love it...thank you for sharing so many great ideas and such an awesome sneek peek inside! awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH this is so so cute! How fun to see the pictures put to such good use! Great job!!!

Lindsay Bateman said...

oh yeah...one more thing....do you NOT LOVE that martha stewart butterfly punch...an absolute FAVORITE of mine!

lindsey loo said...

oh i love them!! you did such a great job. and i really love her shoes in one of the pictures...

Talia said...

it turned out gorgeous, kim! i absolutely loooove it! i agree with you...this is way more meaningful thana blank book with people's signatures. i feel like i was so young and clueless when i got married, i didn't even think of stuff like this! we'll have to start making notes for our own kids, hey? oh, and i want jordan's shoes!