Sunday, December 12, 2010

"You're Lucky I'm 4!!!"


I still can't believe that Ryker turned 4 last week!!  Look how BIG he's getting!!!  He's been counting down the days and has honestly been more excited for his birthday than Christmas.  All day he kept telling us "You're so lucky I'm 4!"  haha!!  It's hard having a December birthday when there is so much going on with Christmas, so I wanted it to be special...and be completely about his birthday.



The week before we made and delivered invitations...



To keep things simple I used lots of these digital elements...which worked great since he was turning 4!  haha!!  And then of course used some of these ones too!


And one of the best parts was the birthday tree!!
(I took some better pictures of it, but of course I can't seem to find them...they magically disappeared!)  


Ryker loved this part.  I got the idea from a friend at church and created my own version of a birthday tree just for Ryker!  After we put the kids to bed we got to work and decorated the Christmas tree with streamers, balloons, curled ribbon, party blowers and then some crafty stuff too!!  I spray painted clothes pins and clipped pictures of the birthday boy all over, and made some cute little happy banners.  And I even bought some bows you use for decorating presents and cut them all up and made #4 decorations for the tree (again...those pics seemed to have disappeared...).  It was fun to see the boys sooooo excited when they woke up to the house decorated!  And Ryker just thought it was the greatest thing.  I think I'll keep this tradition every year.  



The party was a hit!  We had cupcakes first since Ryker had licked his cupcake before the party even began....  I know...sad little cupcakes, but baking is so not my thing.  I did make a candy cane triffle though for all the adults!



And then it was time to decorate gingerbread houses!  I originally thought I would make my own small gingerbread houses, but my hubby convinced me to keep things simple.  I'm so glad I listened!  haha!!  I found the perfect houses at Costco and they were already built you just got to decorate them!  And with all the little kids that was the best solution!  Definitely worth going that route.  It was so fun to see how different everyone's houses were...and how creative everyone was!  I might keep that tradition too :)

Happy Birthday Ryker!!!

You are such a sweet little boy and I am soooo very lucky to be your momma!!



xox

3 comments:

Talia said...

Happy Birthday, Ryker!! He looks so grown up and I looove the tree! What a lucky little guy!!

Sarah said...

great ideas! looks like his birthday was fabulous!

my little guy turns 3 this week... hard to believe! I like the birthday tree idea for making a December birthday more special.

Sarah B said...

I love the Ryker birthday tree! That turned out adorable! It's cool that you have made such a special effort to sort of incorporate the 2 holidays, while still making him feel like it's all about him :)