Cody and I agreed this year that we weren't giving each other gifts. Instead we try to buy something we need for the house or do a project around the house...we like to keep it more about the kids, and it feels like we're buying the things we need during the year anyway. But one thing we always do is stockings! This year I had a pile of pictures of the two of us (from our anniversary shoot with Tal!) sitting on my scrapbook table. I kept trying to think of something to do with all of them cause there was probably a hundred or more pictures. haha! And when Cody left on a sledding trip in November I spent my nights making this album for him.
It was inspired by a heidi swapp class that I took last year in Montana, but this type of album is great for lots and lots of pictures. Especially when you have lots and lots of pictures of the same thing...like a trip, event or in this case...two people :)
The pages were all made by cutting 12 x 12 patterned paper in half and then cutting those strips into different lengths. No wasting paper that way! And since all my pictures were 4 x 6 I could easily just add them in without any other croping. It really didn't take long to put the album together.
The part that took the longest was adding in some journaling. I wrote little memories I had...or stories about us...or favorite things...which I want to still add more of and thankfully there is lots of room!!
Okay so this gives you an idea of what the pages are like.... This is actually 4 pages all layered on top of each other.
You can see how small some of the pages are...they are literally something like 3 x 6....
And then the back side of that little page....
I just grabbed a bunch of stuff from my scrapbook stash and started stapeling it onto pages here and there...and added some silhouette words on pictures and pages....
This is only a few of the pages...there are lots!
And Cody sat there Christmas morning and read through all the memories!!
K :)
p.s. Happy Birthday to my cute sister Chelsey!! Love you and hope you had a great day :)


5 comments:
oooooh, I LOVE IT, Kimmy!!! so cute!! I'm so glad you did this, for both you and Cody! Too bad for my 10th anniversary I'll be 9 months pregnant...when I lose the baby weight, you'll have to do a shoot for Gray and I, heehee!! xo love it!
I LOVE this! I have been trying to figure out what to do with some of the wedding pictures I have and such, and this is such a cute idea!! Thanks Kim!
that is gorgeous!! I love it!
Wonderful! Hopping over to say Hello and Hugs too, Katherine
Thank you so much for posting this Kim. I check your blog on a regular basis and love it. I haven't scrapbooked for so long because I haven't had the motivation to, but after seeing this I went to town on my wedding photos. Thank you so much for the inspiration!!
Post a Comment