Tuesday, February 08, 2011

relieving some stress

Tuesdays are my stressful days.  I spend all morning getting Ryker pumped for his little preschool class and then I stress all afternoon about how he's doing.  I never know what it will be like when I pick him up...okay I do.  He's usually crying because he didn't get his stamps at the end of class.  I've been working so hard with him, but it doesn't necessarily feel like we're making progress.  I've been reading this book for the past couple of weeks and I love it.  It's making a lot of sense.  Ryker can be busy, but he is a great kid and I just love him sooooo much.  He needs a lot of structure and is a happier kid when we stick to a routine.  We have made an effort to stay on a bedtime schedule the past couple of weeks and that has really helped him.  He's always wanting us to lay with him at night when he goes to sleep, but lately he's been going to bed so easily!  It's great.

Today I had Cody pick Ryker up from school hoping that it might help him, but he ended up going into the class for the last 10 minutes cause he could hear Ryker crying.  Apparently he was really good during class, but he wanted to keep making crafts after the teacher had put everything away.  Part of the problem I think is personality.  I definitely wouldn't call his teacher the most patient and loving person I've met and today she even told Cody that she's loud...loud does not mix well with Ryker.  Yes, he can be a loud noisey kid, but he hates loud noise.  At this point I'm just a little stumped with the issues at school since every week his teacher tells me a different problem.  How can I help solve anything if she's always changing the problem.

My poor sister has listened to me talk about all this for hours.  Seriously...it's on my mind constantly.  I seem to eat sleep and breathe it.  I get that way though when I'm dealing with things.  And so when I'm not obsessing over it I'm scrapbooking!!  It's the way I relieve my stress...and trust me the past couple of nights I've been in my room for hours.  It feels good.


















Some of my favorite products right now are....









I love all these little alphabets!!  Super cute!





These fabric strips are super fun cause you can tear them up and do all kinds of things.





I'm in love with these stamps!  I don't get my stamps out nearly enough, but lately I'm attempting to use them more.





I used every single one of these flowers on my recent layouts and I need more.  Seriously I've always had a hard time with flowers, especially having boys...but I used them!!  And Cody didn't even say anything about flowers on the boy layouts!  Score!!  haha!!


Okay...I could probably list a lot more, but I'll stop there.  I'll have more to share soon!  Every night once the kids are in bed I ignore everything else in the house and make my way down to my room.  Gotta take my mind off things ;)


K

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Love all your pages!! Makes me want to go downstairs and make some myself :)

Thanks so much for posting about Ryker. I am struggling with my little guy in Sunbeams right now. He's a December kid so he's the youngest, but yet one of the biggest in his class. And that's just hard.

He was in love with his teacher and then they called a new teacher to his class last Sunday so he doesn't want to go anymore.

Anyways, I think for that reason and more I will be checking out that book. Thanks so much!!

Talia said...

Oh, Timmy! Poor Ryker! The teacher doesn't sound like she's necessarily the best for young kiddos...remember that he still has a year and a half till kindergarten...you could always pull him out of this pre-school session and try again later...you still have lots of time! Love you lots, call me anytime!!!

Anonymous said...

Not all teachers work with all students. It might be a good idea to try a new pre-school. My daughter had therapists that would come to the house and for a while I didn't want to offend anyone so even when the 2 just didn't click, I kept my mouth shut. After a while, I realized it wasn't doing my daughter any good. I changed therapists and it made the biggest difference in the world.

Anonymous said...

He's young. I would also pull him and try somewhere else. You don't want him to hate school or get a negative impression this young, from one bad teacher/experience.
If it's not working, it's not working.

Anonymous said...

I had to post that we experienced similar issues with our three year old (October baby) at preschool this past fall. It took him eight weeks before he finally 'adjusted'. We pulled him for a few family decisions (our vacation and work schedules) and last week he started at our new preschool/child care. When I was explaining to the new teacher that he has transition issues but that he was doing much better already than I expected, my son, who was standing near me said out of nowhere "But the teachers are better here Mom".

As previous posters indicated, maybe it's just not the right fit.

Good luck.

P.S. Found you through Talia's blog.

Andrea said...

Greeat reading this