Thursday, March 03, 2011

love is carrying me through....

I know I know...Valentine's day is over, but the way life has been going the past couple of weeks I just needed to do a quick post about a lot of love.   


Shortly before Valentine's day I decided that I needed to make a cute little album for Cody.  Who am I kidding though...it's really just something for me :).  I was inspired by Maggie Holmes and her Valentine's Mini Album Inspire Guide.  She always has great ideas and following the guide gave me the boost of inspiration I needed.  





All the photos are from our photo shoot with Maggie back in November!  





And with the inspire guide you get a template to print on a transparency.  Well since I didn't have any transparencies I printed it right on some patterned paper and love how it turned out!





I almost made two more...one for each of my boys, but I ran out of time before Valentine's.  I will though use this guide again for another occasion...or just because.  I like putting together mini albums from supplies I already have!


And....


Between sick kids and being sick myself...unbelievable actions from little children and this weather I am going crazy.  Yesterday was not a good day.  I seriously broke down too many times.  Once in awhile life just gets out of control and I just couldn't deal.  While talking to my sister in law this morning I started to smell something weird.  As I came downstairs I knew that I wasn't going to find something that would make me very happy and sure enough I found this....


well...really I found two little boys kneeling on the desk coloring away on my computer!  Yup!!  And this was taken after I had wiped away some of the marks on the screen.  I held it together and told them both to get up to their rooms...I just couldn't deal with them in the moment and knew I had to keep control.  I made a quick call to my parents and my dad was here within minutes!  He is amazing.  He managed to get all the felt off the actual screen, but all the marks on the computer won't come off. We have tried everything.  Trust me.  I used a magic eraser...nail polish remover...wd40...all kinds of other sprays and the only thing that worked on the screen was zep...that stuff you can buy at Home Depot.  My dad left me with a bottle because you know I'll be needing it again...haha!!  I love my dad!!


The day just seemed to continue on with problem after problem.  And I was done.  Cody came home and took over for me.  I needed the break!!!  I didn't even feel like going anywhere, so instead I cleaned in my scrapbook room.  Just being in there helped take my mind off everything.  Sooo therapeutic!  I love my hubby!!  He took the kids out and brought home dinner so I wouldn't have to worry about it...he's great that way :)


And my cute little kiddies...even when they do things that make me crazy I just can't help but love them so much!!  Ryker kept kissing me last night and asking for hugs.  How can you be mad at your kids when they are so sweet.  If I listed all the crazy things these boys have done this week you would wonder how I am still alive, but I saw a quote this week that my friend had posted that said something like "They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel."  It really stuck with me.  I always want my kids to know how much I completely love them.




I love all these guys in my life!!


K :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I have had a hard time keeping sane while being at home all the time with my kids, too. This weather makes it hard to leave the house.

I love that quote. I will have to remember that!

Thanks :)

Christal said...

Your pages are beautiful! You are so talented kim!
And the screen makes me sick!! I would lose it too! We all have days like that thats when I'm so glad I have a husband who can take over and that I'm not alone! Thank goodness for them eh! and your dad is awesome too! One day the sun will come out and we'll all feel better about life! Love that quote its one my chalkboard right now has been for like two weeks I need it! so true isn't it! ttys

Kim said...

Christal...I think I got that quote from you!! Thank you!! :)

Sarah B said...

oh nooo! i saw that screen and my heart sank!! :(

Sheri said...

Love the album.....so talented Kim! And I love that quote too; a great reminder especially when we all have cabin fever and are going bit crazy.
Hooray for parents that come to the rescue and a hubby that let you have a break. I was going a bit crazy that day too........I left the house the moment my man got home and paid good money so I could run a track for an hour....lol.

Kendra said...

Try a normal white eraser on the computer. I know it took ballpoint pen off my macbook.
I feel your pain!