I can't believe it's been 11 years!!! Seriously...am I old enough to have been married that long???!!! haha! Since I'm thinking about this special guy today I thought I'd share a couple of recent layouts of us...and list 11 things about us or our relationship! (I know he NEVER reads my blog so I can gush all I want! hehe!)
We'll count down... :)
11. We are both the youngest in our families...which everyone says the youngest should never marry the youngest, but it works for us! I don't think I was spoiled as the youngest (maybe my sisters and brother would say differently...haha!), but Cody was definitely a Momma's boy. He had such a special relationship with his Mom and it's one of the things I love about him. I never got to meet her since she passed away when he was only 12, but he can hardly talk about her without getting a little bit emotional :) It's really sweet.
10. He is one of the hardest working people I know. He just can't handle laying around and doing nothing. Now...I wouldn't say he loves working...more like he wants to be out having fun! haha!! When we were first married I remember he would get up super early to do side jobs...and when he first started out on his own (he has his own plumbing company) he would often be out of the house at like 4 in the morning! It was a little crazy, but like I said he works hard.
9. We are complete opposites. Seriously. I can be super shy and quiet and he is a total people person. I love being at home and he wants to be out playing. I love pasta and he will hardly eat it. I don't like taking risks and he loves it! I could go on and on...but that would get boring.
8. He lives for biking and sledding. The poor guy though really didn't get to do much biking last summer, so he's looking forward to the season this year. He just has to hope for some sunshine and warmer weather!! And as the nice wife I am I always try to go watch at least once ;)
7. He loves eating out...and I don't tend to enjoy it as much as I used to, but some of our favorite places near and far include Ric's Grill, Yardhouse, Earls, Sicilian Pasta Kitchen (even though he can't eat there anymore), The Keg, Cactus Club and probabably a million other places...haha!
6. He loves movies and watches almost anything! This is good for me since I don't get to movies very often so he'll usually see whatever I want to see. He's really good that way :)
5. We went to San Diego for our honeymoon...don't ask why we picked there cause I can't remember at all how it was chosen. But we had so much fun hanging out on the beach and shopping! We've only gone on a couple other vacations just the 2 of us...before we had kids we were always trying to save for a house and then once we had kids it just always seems impossible to get away. And now we always seem to bring the kids cause it's way more fun!
4. Cody loves to laugh! He loves joking around and hardly takes life seriously. Sometimes it's something that drives me crazy...I tend to be waayyy too serious...but it's also such a blessing to have someone around who can laugh at anything and make you laugh right along with them. It's a really good thing.
3. When we were first married Cody had major surgery...like we had barely been married 3 weeks...and even though it was a huge trial for us it was a blessing too. I had never had to deal with life like that and it helped me to be more thankful for my health and learn to serve someone else...like truly serve and think of someone else. I was still in College and I can still remember hurrying to the hospital after classes to go see him. I'd stay there until it was almost getting dark and then I'd head back to our apartment to sleep. The hospital was downtown and I didn't want to have to walk to my car in the dark. And I couldn't sleep at the hospital since I was in school. Sometimes I don't know how we survived that summer on nothing, but we managed. It's amazing what you can live without...and what really matters. We had nothing. We were staying in someone else's apartment and were using their furniture...while they were away working for 4 months. Oh...that seems like a long time ago.
2. I love watching Cody with our kids! They absolutely LOVE him and get so excited when he comes home from work. And he loves them!! He loves to play with them and make them laugh. And every Tuesday he takes the boys swimming to give me time to myself. It's really cute watching them together. He tickles and wrestles with them....and they just can't get enough. All day long Maguire asks about daddy and Ryker insists on calling daddy over everything. Ryker asks all the time if he can go to work with his dad!! I love it! He's always been so good with kids...love it!!
And my last point....
1. He is the sweetest hubby!! I am the luckiest girl!! He takes care of me and is always so thoughtful. I love hanging out with him...chatting at night in bed or going on little drives together. When I'm away from him I feel 'home sick'...he's my comfort. I believe he can do anything. He makes it possible for me to be home with our cutie kids. We had both decided that it was important and I'm so thankful that he has made it possible. I remember when he called me at work and told me he had quit his job (this was years ago...I was working in a scrapbook store. I wasn't making big bucks...I was completely working to support my hobby!) but I wasn't worried. I knew we would be okay. And we were. He makes me want to be a better person and helps to stengthen my testimony. He's a good example to our kids. He's the best. I love him so much and I'm so lucky to have him as my husband!! I can still remember the permanent smile on my face as we went to the temple and were sealed for time and all eternity!! I love you!







3 comments:
Congratulations of 11 years (that is something worth celebrating!).
Such a sweet post.
congrats on 11 years! that is awesome. i love this post. so important to recognize, honor, and take the time to record all of these amazing memories. again, beautiful layouts!
Happy Anniversary to you both!! I can't believe it's been 11 years either. It only seems like about 5 or 6 years ago to me that you were one of my Young Women in the old First Ward. Anyway, it was a very sweet post, and I hope the next 11 years are even better!!
Post a Comment