Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A glimpse of our life!

I have neglected the blog....

It seems like life has gotten busy and is quite all at the same time.  I'm trying to think what we've been doing that keeps us sooooo busy, but there really hasn't been anything exciting (except our little trip to Kalispell with my sister and her kids...but that's a whole other post).  Our days are filled with me trying to take pictures...


I'm doing my best at capturing our daily moments, but there are definitely days when the camera is the last thing I think about.  I have gotten in the habit of keeping my little camera on the kitchen counter so I can snap pictures when I need to, but it's my slr camera that gets forgotten.  I guess sometimes quality pictures come second if it means capturing the moment!  haha!!  I would keep my slr closer except that I have little boys who LOVE to play with it!  They think that they get to use my camera whenever they want...and really it's my fault since I let them snap pictures with my little digital camera whenever...and take video clips with the "counting camera" as Ryker calls it.  There have been some fun pictures that the boys have taken...and different perspectives too!


I'm doing my best at keeping our little family scheduled.  This is what is working for us.  I keep a little planner on the counter in the kitchen and make all kinds of notes in it.  I'll write funny things the kids say...things we're doing...ideas...daily happenings...everything goes in here.  It's been really helpful when I miss a day in my project life album.  I can just flip back to the day and see what we were up to or what funny thing the boys did or said.  It's working.


And...

my obsession lately.

This is our organic box from a couple of weeks ago.  I can't say enough about this amazing service!!  Every other week we get a delivery of fruits and vegetables...ALL organic!  It's $50 and worth every penny.  This past Friday our delivery came and that night we had eaten 3 oranges, almost all the blueberries and almost all the bananas.  My kids LOVE it!!  We are eating more fruits and vegetables and it's healthy!  On the weekend before the delivery you log into your account to see what is in the box that week.  If there are things you don't want or changes you want to make you have a certain time to do that...and then you can also add a bunch of different things...milk, eggs, bread, other fruit/vegetables, honey, mixes...all kinds of things.  I try to think of meals I can do with our box so that we're using what we're getting.  There is a lot of stuff.

This week we got...

Apples
oranges
lettuce
bananas
tomatoes
potatoes
zucchini
baby bok choy
blueberries
avocado
pineapple
carrots
mushrooms
pears
broccoli
yams

I don't think I forgot anything.

And it's all amazing!!!



But now it's back into my scrapbook room to get cleaning and organizing...ughh!!  Anyone just wanna come take some of this stuff away???!!  haha!!

K :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It was fun to read a post from you! It really is all the little things that keep one busy.

The organic box thing sounds cool!



I would totally take some supplies off your hands- haha! ;)

Sheri said...

Funny how life always feels so busy but you aren't really sure with what......that is the case here everyday!
That organic box has me drooling. My kids are crazy about produce; I should give it a try. I am going to look over their website again....what is better than organic and local?!?1