Monday, April 25, 2011

It was Easter





A couple more layouts to share :)


It's been a busy weekend around here with family, but it has been so much fun!  My kids love being with their cousins and playing outside...it just couldn't get any better for them!  I love long weekends and holidays mainly because of the traditions that we have.  Friday morning was breakfast with my family, an easter egg hunt and dying easter eggs.  The kids loved it!!  Then it was home to relax for a bit before more cousins came to play.  My brother-in-law and his family came up to spend a couple of days with us and it was good times :)  We had a bar-b-que and hung out Friday night and then Saturday was full of playing, games, swimming, eating, and hanging out.  With 4 families and almost 15 kids there is never a dull moment.  Sunday was dinner with my sister-in-law and it was sooooo yummy!!  My sister-in-law is THE BEST pie maker ever.  Seriously...she really is.  I remember one fall years and years ago I went to visit my two sister-in-laws while they made pies.  I think they made over 80 pies that day and they had people already lined up asking to buy them.  They are that good.  So maybe I like the food more than anything on holidays...haha!!


The best part of the weekend had to be Ryker...(a little bit of sarcasm here).  Friday night getting ready for bed I told him to go to the bathroom and then we'd get his jammies on.  He quickly ran off and then came back to me and says in a sing song voice "I peed in the garbage!" with a little haha after.  I looked at him and said "excuse me?  You better not have."  He quickly responded with "I didn't say anything!!"  Sure enough he had.  Boys.  Don't ask me what he was thinking, but now everytime he goes to the bathroom he makes sure to tell me he went in the potty NOT the garbage.  He keeps life very lively :)


And today I am tackling the closets.  That's right...I am going to accomplish something around here.  Our long weekend is over since Cody had to work today, but I'm hoping my sister is coming up this week.  We really want to spend some time with them.  She has the most beautiful girls!  I just love them :)


K :)

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I love those layouts.......those captions are so perfect!
Weekends with family really are just the best.
Spring cleaning has been in full force here today too. Nothing beats opening the windows and dejunking!

Talia said...

sounds like so much fun! we had a fun weekend with family, too...always fun and crazy times! and peeing in the garbage?? oh, the things i have to look forward to...haha!!

Lindsay Bateman said...

beautiful layouts kim! i love your color combo's and the strip journaling! :) keep em' comin!