The mornings come very early lately thanks to little Maguire. 5:20 a.m. from the comforts of my bed I could hear him yelling "M-O-M-A!!!" yuck! Seriously 5:20???? That's a little too early for me. I've tried everything...his room is dark...shortening his naps...any helpful tips???
And my days are spent surviving. Cody usually gets up in the mornings with the boys, but he was away for work last week which meant I did it all. And then he got home late late Sunday night so I got up again on Monday....and he's been soooo busy with work that it's been long days now that he's home. There's just no winning. It's all about survival! The house is a M-E-S-S!!! It's clean for only a moment and then the boys rip around and it's a disaster again. And for some reason I just have no energy to clean it up.
(journaling from Stephanie Howell. She had shared a little quote or saying that I was totally inspired by.)
This is the time to let them be little and enjoy every little moment...no matter how early :)
Tuesday we were stuck without a car, so I decided we would take a walk to the store. I planned to take the wagon (since the stroller was in the car) and the boys wanted to walk. Perfect! Well we got two houses away and the boys were fighting, pushing, and hitting. I told them to get into the wagon and they both started screaming and crying. Ryker ran off on me as I was trying to buckle Maguire into the wagon. So we went home. And at home I had to deal with more crying and screaming. It was fun!
Tuesday night I was laying on the bed. We were watching a little show with the kids when Maguire got mad and flung himself back hitting me smack in the nose. It hurt so bad.... My nose was bleeding swollen and bruised...and I was crying! It hurt. It still really hurts, but no black eyes or anything like that...and I'm able to mostly cover my bruise with makeup so it's not that noticeable. Thank goodness! It sure hurts though and I'm surviving with Advil!
And if life couldn't get better...I thought I'd take the boys to the park yesterday and we could have a little picnic. Well Maguire somehow managed to find another opening into the park and ran off on me. I had to kick my shoes off and chase him down the middle of the road. Ryker thinking we were having a great time decided he wanted to do it too!! And of course just then a police officer comes driving up.... I packed the kids up in the car and went back to clean up our lunch, pick up the sand toys and find my shoes. And for some reason my car alarm kept going off and I couldn't get it to stop. How perfect that the police officer decided to park right beside us and do photo radar! It was great. I came home and had to deal with more crying and screaming.
I'm seriously just trying to survive this week.
K :)










6 comments:
Oh Kim! I feel for you in a big way. I wish I had some suggestions but man your description sounds like the survival mode I am on half of the time!
Your post is actually perfect because you have all of the perfect looking family shots on your beautiful layouts and then you are describing the day to day life. Sometimes I think we get caught up looking at others blogs and thinking their life is picture perfect; it was nice to have you give perspective to it! Hang in there. Some days, weeks, months and years are just trying but it always gets better or the kids do something sweet to melt our hearts and give us the energy to keep going. If all else fails beg Grandma to take them for a while so you can have a nap ;)
I do not envy you at all, but I can tell you we're in the same boat- at least you're not alone, right? Ha! My sister in law has been using melatonin from the health food store to help regulate her kids sleep patterns, she said it's really helped them get back on a regular schedule and once they're out they're really out. She also has a kid with really bad ADD/ADHD and it's really helped them help his body get the rest it needs. He used to go to bed wired and wake up wired and now he actually has some calm time before bed and when he wakes up he's not as wired as before. As far as she told me there aren't really any contraindications and you don't have to give it to them every night (they do for their son because of his other meds, but not for their girls). Just an idea.
I think I'll stick to just having one kid!
At least it's Thursday and the week is almost over!
Oh, Kim!! I'm sorry, mama! Why is it that sometimes kids are such angels, and sometimes it's just one thing after another...love you! And I feel your pain. If it's makes you feel any better, your pages are beyond fabulous!! xoxo
Absolutely beautiful pages!!
I have those days so often, too. It can be sooo hard to stay on top of things, but it's nice to know that others in are the same boat... right?!!
Hope your day(s) get better. And your little man's sleeping patterns improve- I have dealt with the same thing with my youngest, too. It's hard being tired all. the. time!!
I second what Sheri said. I love the family pics, and then your notes about what goes on behind the scenes. So often I read blogs about people that have a seemingly perfect life, and don't feel like I have much to relate to. Not that I have kids, or like to read that people are struggling, but by venting you probably give a lot of other moms strength that they aren't alone. Really enjoy your blog, and hopefully next week is better!! Also, my nose hurts just picturing that happening. OUCHY!!!!
Post a Comment