Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's what we eat....

Okay...first of all...you guys are way to sweet with your comments on the picture of me and Maguire.  Seriously.  I was just out with my 2 besties and we were talking about our wrinkles!  Getting older is not fun, but you have sure made me feel good :)  So thank you!


Lately I have been eating horrible.  Eating junk food that I never eat.  Chips have never been my thing and honestly I usually only eat them when there is some kind of yummy dip or in a taco salad...that kind of thing, but lately I have found myself snacking on chips.  What is up with that????  And with all the junk I've been eating means I haven't been feeling very good.  When I was pregnant I had a really hard time with food and ever since I've been really careful what I eat (for the most part).

This week I have made an extra effort to get back to eating better so I thought I would share some of the things we've been eating lately.

Let's start with breakfast!  It is the most important meal....

Pumpkin Granola is our favorite!  I eat it almost every morning and the kids even love it!  One of our favorite ways to eat it is mixing it with yogurt and blueberries...yummy!!

I've made my own granola too by following this recipe.  It was sooooo easy and really good!  I actually toasted mine a little too long...oops!



Lunchtime

Okay this week it's been wraps.  I bought the greek salad from Costco, but instead of using it as a Greek Salad I've been using it in wraps!  You don't have to worry about all the cutting and chopping...super simple!  I just added some lettuce and spread my own cream cheese mixture (cream cheese and sundried tomato spice mix) on the tortilla.  Since the kiddies don't necessarily like all the veggies in their wraps I made small little sushi wraps (if I called it sushi Ryker had no problem eating it) that just consisted of the tortilla and the cream cheese mixture!


Supper...

The Santa Fe Chicken Salad from Earls has to be my very favorite!  Love it!!!  So when I came across this recipe I had to try it.  Now it's no Earl's, but it was still really good.  Salads are my favorite!

On Monday night I made Island Spice Pork Tenderloin and my hubby said it was his favorite!!  It was really really yummy!!  I'll be making this again for sure.

One of my hubby's favorite things is steak.  We recently tried this recipe and it was really good...molasses chili!!

Another favorite of mine is sweet potato fries...love love them.  I made this recipe last night and the whole family loved them, but we also love this recipe my friend shared on her blog.


Baking!

For Ryker's half birthday we made this cake.  This was our first time.  I had made a similar cake back in April, but it used ground almonds instead of the beans and I liked that version way better.  But...this wasn't bad...really....

Snickers Caramel Cheesecake Cookies!!  Need I saw more??!!  They were amazing.



Just a few recipes.


Getting back on the healthy eating kick and feeling a bit better :)


K

No comments: