Packing for holidays is never fun. I don't know about you, but it always seems I spend the week before running around like crazy making sure I don't forget anything...which always happens. After seeing some super cute travel mini albums (here, here, and here) I got it in my head that I was going to make one. With only about 20 minutes to round things up I put together a little kit (which means grabbing whatever I can think of I might want to use).
I made sure to pick up this camera before we left to make it super simple to complete this mini album. It was so much fun taking pictures and the boys loved watching the picture appear! I would keep my little stack of pictures in the pocket of my camera bag and once the kids went to sleep I was free to scrap...of course while we watched the first season of modern family!! Love that show!
Now to see some of the layouts...
I actually didn't even bother to make a cover for the album. I just kept stacking my layouts on top of each other...it seems to work.
I tried to keep the album about favorite memories and moments...and little details and thoughts about the trip.
This really is one of my very favorite holidays...and so I love that I created this while I was there in the moment. I hardly pulled out my dslr camera the whole trip, but I'm okay with that. I am happy to have caught a few fun clips using my new instax camera...and that they're all kept right in this album.
One of our family traditions is to go to the go-karts when we're there. I don't think there has ever been a year that we haven't stopped (even in the rain!).
*sigh*...how quickly it feels like I was never there at all...
K :)




















4 comments:
What a pretty album! That is awesome how your memories were recorded so instantly & while they were fresh in your mind.
Love everything about it!!
I love it. Every time you post pictures of your layouts, it makes me want to get back into scrapbooking!
What a great idea! I love how the polaroids enabled you to complete it while you were there.
Looks like an amazing trip.
LOVE THIS!!! thank you so much for the inspiration! xo
Post a Comment