Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Simple Things



As a little girl I loved barbies, dolls, pink...really anything girlie.  I had a dollhouse that sat in the corner of my room that my sister and I spent many hours building.  I had really long hair...really long...until I was in grade 4 when I convinced my mom to let me cut my hair and get a perm.  I love being crafty...um...scrapbooking...my favorite!  And even try to sew once in awhile.  I love jewelry and makeup.  I'm a sucker for lip gloss and love lotions and bubble baths.  Girlie-girl.


Once in awhile...usually when I'm in the toy store...I get this little pang in my heart realizing that I won't be able to share my girlie love with my kids.  Once in awhile I just have this urg to buy a doll.  Like all those American Girl Dolls...beautiful...um...ya I kind of get this need to buy one.  Confession...I actually did buy the cutest little doll years and years ago before I even had kids.  It still sits in my basement and I should probably just get rid of it, but it's hard.


Now don't think I'm crying over having a baby, cause I'm not.  I'm actually at a really good place.  And I can't even tell you how much I love my boys.  They are the greatest blessing to me.  I love them so much.  But being the mother of boys has made me such a different person.  I have become stronger and more patient than I thought was possible.  I've learned to be okay with getting dirty, not freaking out over bugs, monster trucks, close my eyes to the many dangerous stunts that happen around here, allow "pretend" swords, one word...wresting, relax with trying to have a perfect house and be okay with every nick and scratch in the walls and floor, and love blue. 

It's a different world than the one I grew up in.  No more princesses for me, but kung fu fighters and cars....  And I wouldn't change it for a second.


xox 




6 comments:

rebecca said...

cutest boys ever Kim!! :) love your photos. Thanks for linking up this week. Rebecca

The Gambrel Family said...

Great photos! BTW- I love your haircut!!

lisaplus6 said...

and you do have some cutie boys there!! those pictures are SENSATIONAL you are so beautiful :) you can always find a girlfriend with a girl who needs an "auntie" to play dolls with :)

Nadine Karen said...

Great post and your pictures are fabulous!

Scott and Tara said...

Great post. I love your cute little boys and your honesty. Scott keeps telling me that he thinks we will only have boys... guess time will tell, haha.

Sarah said...

That was such an amazing post & your photos are beautiful! xo