What is this a picture of you might wonder?? If you look very closely...right through the middle of the reception desk...you can see my husband. Laying in a hospital bed. In "recovery." What you can't see is the stop line that I'm not allowed to cross, so I sit in the tiny waiting area until he's ready to go.
This is a routine part of our lives. Every year...usually a few times we are here, at the hospital. Usually it's just a routine check, but lately there's some other stuff going on (nothing serious). In a few weeks I'll be sitting here again.
On this particular loooooonnnggg day my hubby ended up waiting longer than usual to get in...was heavily medicated for his procedure (which didn't end up making him sleepy like it was supposed to) and was completely delirious when it was time to go home. I had some really good laughs when he tried to leave wearing NO shoes.... The nurses were teasing him pretty good! And then talking to people on the phone and not even remembering it on the way home!! Good thing I was driving ;) hehe!
Makes me so very thankful for my health. The first time I was ever hospitalized was when my second child was born. I had never spent a night in the hospital (besides being there with my hubby) before that. I feel so blessed....
K :)


4 comments:
i hope your husband is doing ok.
I did not have a clue what you had photographed...so thanks for telling us.Do hope you husband is well on his way to recover. I can certainly relate to the crazy talking after surgery. Been there :-) Hope you all have a nice week.genie
Poor Cody......what a long struggle. Glad you could find the humor in it and seriously it is always good to be reminded what a gift our health really is.
love the angle Kim! hope your hubby is doing well. :)
Post a Comment