I made this album (inspired by Becky Higgins) for my parents for Christmas so that they could record some of their childhood memories for us kids. I can remember being tucked into bed each night and asking my parents to tell us a story about when they were little. I still have some favorites that they shared with me, but I can't
seem to recall all the details. I don't want to forget these special stories, so what better way to do that than a mini album? What better reason to scrapbook than to record all those memories of our childhood and our life experiences? I've really tried to focus on my journalling and hand writing on my layouts, of course it doesn't always go the way I imagined, but one day my family will be able to look through my scrapbooks and not only know what I looked like, but also have a written account of my thoughts and feelings. I feel so blessed to be able to express myself through scrapbooking and share a part of me with those that look through my albums.This past week has felt so busy and it didn't seem to slow down this weekend. We spent friday night with my cousin and his wife, and Saturday with Cody's brother and his family. Today I have been so lazy laying around and watching t.v. that I missed out on this past week...I am loving American Idol! I don't plan on leaving my scrapbooking room tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some things done. I have a class that I'm working on for work and I'd love to have that finished. Hopefully things will slow down a bit so I feel like I have time for myself...but life doesn't seem to allow you those luxeries!

1 comment:
kim, this album is such a good idea!! so cute!
Post a Comment