Sunday, April 09, 2006

Amazing!



Okay....so I think if there's one thing I can say about my trip...is that it was...AMAZING! I LOVED NYC!!! I can't say enough about it. I think Cody's getting sick of hearing about it constantly. If you've never tried one of these (Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity 3) then on your next trip to NYC you have to wait the 2 hours for this amazing treat. Our first night we went to the cute little cafe and shared our first ever frozen hot chocolate (the wait was really only 1 1/2 hours, but it was worth every minute). I even tried to bring the mix home for my family, but in my packed suitcase, somehow between my new clothes and my scrapbooking stuff the bags ripped open, so I had quite the mess. The bag smelled good, but definitely a mess. Some of my other favorite things about NYC...WICKED! Again I can't tell you how much I loved it...I've been listening to the soundtrack non stop since I've been home! The singing, the set, the costumes...everything was unbelievable. Tal and I just sat through the intermission amazed! Our hotel was a little room in a great area. Close to shopping and around the corner from the Empire State Building, which I couldn't believe how cold and windy it is at the top! We ate breakfast everyday at this little bagel place that had the best cream cheese. Despite all the walking we did I think I managed to gain weight!!! I'm definitely planning another trip there next year...it was just so much fun.

CKU was also a good learning experience! I loved the Heidi Swapp 'She' class...what a talented lady she is.... I have 3 pages started and a whole box full of product and embellishments waiting to be used. I can't believe how much stuff she gives you, including a she ring that Liz Eaton made! Between the heavy bag lifting and line waiting Tal and I had a good time. It has inspired many new projects I want to do...if only I have the time to do it.

I think I've done enough blabbing though about the trip. I'll try to post more pictures soon...I'm still not ready to stop talking about how much I loved it, so sorry you'll have to put up with me a bit longer Cody! Back to everyday life and the Urban Scrapbook Convention to look forward to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear that you enjoyed your trip! (was there ever any doubt?!)I'm glad to have you back at the store Kim - can't wait for show & tell!!

Talia said...

i want one of those frozen hot chocolates right now!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey kim - so glad you and tal had fun. isn't wicked the best?? i still listen to the soundtrack all the time...and chris and i loved the frozen hot chocolate too!!

- niki