Thursday, June 08, 2006

What a week!

Nothing ever too exciting happens around here, but Monday was a little crazy. When I woke up and went into the kitchen I saw on the counter an accident report. So I immediately went to find Cody. He explained to me what happened...He was stopped at a red light just down the street from where we live when he was rear-ended by a Hummer! The driver got out and exchanged information with him, and immediately Cody noticed that this guy walked with a cane and seemed like he was having a hard time walking (the guy was around 50). Then Cody noticed another guy standing off to the side and said that he came up and talked to Cody and said that he had already reported this guy for reckless driving cause he was driving all over the sidewalk earlier...the witness (as we'll call him) thought he was drunk or heavily medicated. After they exchanged information they both got into their vehicles and as Cody was driving away noticed 3 police cars driving past him. Cody went to the police station right away and reported the accident and the lady told him that they already picked up the man that hit Cody and they would call him if he was drunk. We didn't hear from anyone, and then yesterday Cody got a phone call from the man that hit him...he started telling Cody about what happened to him after he left, that 3 police cars pulled him over and started giving him a hard time saying he left the scene of the crime, and when he told them that he didn't and had all of Cody's information they started giving him a hard time because they couldn't read his writing! Can you believe that? They said nothing to him about the reckless driving report, but just hounded him about his messy writing! The guy was pretty mad, but knew it wasn't Cody that reported him. He said that he was a little dazed because right before he hit Cody his wife was in an accident with their three kids, and he was worried about them. He seems so nice. So I'm glad everything is okay with that, now we just have to figure out what to do with Cody's vehicle since his bumper is completely smooshed under his blazer. And you know how sometimes bumpers get bent or banged up weird, well his is just completely crunched under, those Hummers are sure powerful vehicles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What DRAMA! So glad that Cody is okay...it could have been so much worse. I think a hummer is the last thing you'd want to rear-end you...I would choose a smart car if I had the choice!!