Friday, November 17, 2006

The Christmas Spirit...

*Update* everyone was asking what store I went to and it was of course Greenland! If you've never been you need to go. It gets you into the Christmas spirit.


has officially entered our house! Wednesday after work I stopped at a little store by my house and was overwhelmed by all the Christmas items. Christmas trees were decorated, nativities were set up, festive music was playing...and I was buying everything in sight. I laugh at myself, cause it seems like every year I do the same thing...I go to this store, fall in love with all the pretty things and decide to buy as many new Christmas decorations as I can in hopes that my house will look as pretty as the store. Then when I have my tree all decorated I ask Cody if he thinks it's ugly...cause of course it doesn't look as nice as the ones in the stores, but that's okay, right? So Wednesday after buying 4 bags of new decorations I came right home and brought up all my old things and started decorating. I figure if I get things all ready now, then I can really enjoy december and I won't be stressed out trying to get everything done at the last minute. I even started my Christmas shopping and I'm happy to say that I'm about half way done. I love this time of year. I love focusing on what's really important, and remembering Christ's birth. What a special time of year. A time to spend with those we love!

K

4 comments:

Roxy Roller said...

So Kim, which store is this??? Please do tell - are you talking about Greenland? Your house looks great! I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to get most of my stuff up! We get a real tree, so I have to wait till the first week or two of December to get that, or it is falling apart by Christmas!

Shelley said...

It looks GREAT Kim! I love it. Way to do it early! I have been listening to Christmas music for a month now! I LOVE Christmas.
p.s. I can't believe you still have that angel!!!

Kristi said...

yes, do tell where it is!! I will call you soon and we can set up a party time! I am thinking maybe Friday, or the next weekend- Sat, maybe- anyways, we will do it! fun stuff, I think I will pull out the Christmas stuff as soon as we are done painting- hopefully tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

it's all so beautiful kim! Love the mantel decorations!! Glad to see you're in the Christmas spirit so soon...this way you can enjoy it for longer!