Monday, November 13, 2006

We're home!


We spent the weekend in Calgary with my sister and her family. It was so much fun! Everyone was there and it was Pacey's birthday. On friday afternoon we helped Chels with Pacey's birthday party...17 little giggly girls...crazy! I didn't realize that you could play games, decorate crowns, eat birthday cake, and unwrap presents in less than 1 1/2 hours.... Believe me we were inventing games for the girls to fill the time.

But I think they had fun! And Pacey definitely was spoiled. Before the party we took Pacey to Build-A-Bear. We didn't tell her where we were taking her, so when we got to the mall and Cody asked her if she was ready for the surprise she replied "I got my happy face ready!" She is seriously the funnest kid. And when we got home we couldn't tell who liked 'Kayla the cat' more...Pacey or Sydney! Sydney carried that thing all around for the rest of the day. Surprisingly she managed to not get any chocolate on her (believe me Sydney enjoyed the chocolate cupcakes more than anyone else). On our way home from the mall Pacey asked if we were going to take Sydney to Build-A-Bear for her birthday cause she would be happy to come and make a friend for her cat! Hehe! She makes me laugh.


Saturday we spent some time with Lee and Tamara which was a lot of fun. Our time in Calgary always seems so rushed, we just never get to do all the things we usually have planned. But it was great to see them and see the house they're building. When we got home everyone was back from doing their own running around. My parents were brave and took all he grandkids shopping. I think they all had fun! Sydney and Brianna were hillarious together...they have a love hate relationship, but when they get bigger that will change. There were only a few fights, and lots of dancing!

Sunday we rushed home so that we could have dinner with Cody's brother Vic and his family...I tell ya we were busy. It was great seeing them since it's been such a long time. They live on the other side of the city and we never see them. Life gets too busy! And it was nice to be home today and get things back to normal. This week looks like it will be busy, but I plan on getting some scrapping done. I was thinking about it today and it seems like I've been spending way less time doing what I absolutely love and more time cleaning and organizing...what's with that? I'm sure Cody isn't complaing, but really...where are my priorities? Definitely scrapbooking should come first! Hehe! I should run get some laundry or something done before I'm back at work tomorrow.

k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a good weekend - you sure do sound busy!! You are right about the scrapbooking...cleaning is over-rated...things just end up messy and dis-organized anyway, right?!

P.S. gotta love Build-a-Bear! SO FUN!