Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Time to get a new clock!



So I was out Christmas shopping when I came across this fun clock! I love clocks! And so of course I just couldn't resist...even though I'm supposed to be shopping for others..."merry Christmas to me!" I replaced the clock that used to be over the bathroom door with this one, so now I'll have to find a new spot for the one that was there. On sunday our lesson in Young Women's was about using your time wisely, so I've been thinking about that this past week. How many minutes in a day do I waste? Am I really managing my time the best that I can? Probably not. I know that I could spend more time thinking about others and helping them out, instead of just watching t.v. or laying around. At our Christmas party on Saturday Pat's husband Kieth said to me "When your kids are young you always wish for time to pass quickly so you can see how your kids will turn out and so they'll be old enough to play with you. But then when they're older you wish time would slow down, but there's nothing that can change time." Time is an interesting thing cause it's something that everyone has the same amount of. You can never go back or speed ahead. In life there are moments when I wish time would stop, when I just want to be able to remember life exactly how it is right at that moment. And yes, there will be times when I wish time would pass quickly, but more often I know I will wish for time to stand still...I don't want to miss a single moment.

K

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the clock and your thoughts on time to go along with it!! Very fitting! It's true... we need to enjoy every moment because life is short!!

Renee said...

love the clock. it is beautiful. would love one myself but have no place to put it! gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your inspiring thoughts about time. I really can relate! Your thought about wanting to slow down time and speed up time, reminds me of a little saying : As a rule mans a fool.
When it's hot he wants it cool.
When it's cool he wants it hot.
Always wanting what it's not.
Never wanting what he's got.
I love blogs that make me think about my life!

Anonymous said...

a