I can't believe that my little baby is 4 weeks old already! And getting bigger! It's so hard to believe that 4 weeks ago we were visiting our sweet little boy in the hospital...getting ready to bring him home with us! Imagining what it would be like to be parents and to have a son. And now after only 4 short weeks it feels like he's always been a part of our lives. Our time with him has been busy...lots of visitors...visiting...sleeping...eating...changing diapers...and of course just watching him. I could sit and stare for hours. It's been such a rollercoaster of emotion the past couple of weeks...feelings of gratitude for this blessing in our lives. I never could have imagined how much happiness he would bring to us and how much love I would feel for him. I just can't even begin to express it. For so long I tried to focus on being happy despite the pains of not being able to have a much wanted family...seeing so many people around me getting pregnant or talking about thier kids...and I've learned that those struggles have made me love this precious little boy more than I could ever believe. I have learned to rely on a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows what is best for me. Sometimes the things that we want just aren't right for us at that moment...we don't always understand why, but I know that trials only make us stronger. I am still so sensitive to the things we went through...but when I look at Ryker's beautiful face I know that he was worth the wait.
K

7 comments:
Hi
I have been reading your blog and I just wanted to let you know that little Ryker is adorable and I am so happy for you and your husband.
Hugs Therese
(all the way from Sweden)
Such beautiful heartfelt journaling in this post!! sniff sniff!
I also try to believe that everything happens for a reason - whether we understand it or not! You needed Ryker and he needed you. That is the reason!!
again, I am so happy for you!
Oh my gosh - what a beautiful little boy! I just read all your post and I'm just so touched - you are such an amazing person and I'm sure the best mommy to little Ryker!! What a beautiful story! So happy for you!!!
wow Kim, you are great. makes me think twice when I feel like my kids are driving me crazy- how much I really love them! do you have a free night soon to scrap? I am always free!!
he is so precious, kim! i'm so glad he has a mama who loves him so much, it is so wonderful to know that his parents love him more than anything in the world. enjoy these moments, they change so quickly!
okay, oops, i was signed in under gray's account...that last post was from me! hehe!
Tal
Your son is precious! Congratulations on your little man... what beautiful words. Time does pass too quickly.
Post a Comment