Saturday, February 24, 2007

Working towards my goal!





I just wanted to share a couple of my favorite pictures from a photo shoot I did this week. I had so much fun with Roxanne and Cari! And it was great getting to practice on someone other than Ryker and Cody...and so fun that I'm actually really working on my goal for this year! I love photography and the only real way to get better is to practice, right? They only needed headshots so I didn't have to worry too much...trust me though I was nervous! It was so fun, thanks again!

So far things have been going good with Cody being away. Ryker has been an angel child...which is a huge change to the sick and miserable little boy I had earlier this week. Last night he only woke up once and then slept in until almost 10:00! It was great! He had a 3 hour nap tonight though so I'm a little worried that he won't want to go to sleep. Right now he's laying in his crib cooing as he watches the fishies. One day last week I had him in his crib with some toys around and the fish were playing when all of a sudden it stopped. I listened for a minute and then I heard the music start again so i continued doing what I was doing. And then it stopped again. So after a couple of starts and stops I peeked into Ryker's room to find him moving his arm around and hitting the button to turn the fish on and off...hehe! Funny boy! I seriously love that kid.

My sister came over today and I got to see all her wedding pictures...which are beautiful! I'm so sad I wasn't there! It sounds like they had a perfect day despite the short rainy period and wind. But I'm so happy for them and love them so much! And we also talked today about her cleaning for me! I'm so excited for that. I just can't do it on my own right now...I know it's pathetic...I only have one baby, but it's amazing how little time I actually have to get that kind of stuff done and I still want time to scrapbook and do stuff for myself. So I need to come up with a list of stuff I want her to do. I can't wait.

And since we've been challenged to make a list of things we're grateful for I thought I would share a couple of mine...of course my family and friends...love them all so much. My testimony...which I am really learning to rely on. My talents and hobbies...photography and scrapbooking...my obsessions. My home...my absolute favorite place to be. And really so many more but I'm sure you've heard enough. I am so very grateful for all that I have been given and blessed with. If you know me well, then you know the past couple of years I have tried really hard to be happy, and focus on the positive. It's so hard to do, but from making that choice to be happy in my life I have learned to be grateful for so many things. Life can be hard, but there are so many miracles around us to be grateful for. I know I've learned to appreciate every minute of my time with my new little boy and I feel so blessed to have him, to love him and watch him grow.

I really should get some sleep now that I hear Ryker sleeping. Have a good night!

K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful, as usual. It sounds like you're having a great weekend with darling little Ryker.

Isn't our AYTR class amazing? I'm loving the whole gratitude thing.

Anonymous said...

These photos turned out great! I'm so happy that your are pursuing your love for photography!!

Glad that you are doing okay with Cody gone...I can't believe Ryker slept in until 10! That is good for you!

Take Care Kim!

Talia said...

you did great on these pictures, kim. if i were on a DT i'd get you take pictures for me! hehe!
thanks for sharing those things you are grateful for...such a lucky girl!!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Kim for taking our pictures! You did a fabulous job!! They turned out great!
And it was so good to meet you too.

Roxy Roller said...

You did an awesome job of our photos! You even managed to hide my double chin! Thank you so much!