
After being away for 9 days, it's so good to be home! We had such a great trip even though a 10 hour trip turned into 20 hours to get there, but we were on "holidays" so it didn't matter. We had to make a million stops on the way down, and then took this horrible road where we almost died (never again will we take Lee's road! haha!) and we also got lost and took this beautiful scenic route, stopped at a couple of walmarts, a superstore and overwaite, and finally arrived safely at Cody's Dads house. We spent the week at the lake boating and playing on the beach and enjoyed spending time with Cody's family. It's not too often that we all get together like that, so it was fun to hang out. There's 23 grandkids (a couple couldn't come) so there was always something going on. It was busy, but fun. I went tubing down the river for my first time...and thinking we were doing the short run...it took us 4 hours. We found out later that it was the short run, the water was just too calm and wasn't moving us very fast. Poor Cody even got out and pushed us part of the way. But we had a great time, and Ryker sure loved the sand!

Thanks to Cody's family for a great week! We love you guys!

(Not everyone is in the picture...we're missing Karin and Don and some of their kids!)
On our way home we made a trip to the zoo and met up with Ryker's birthmom and grandparents! We had a great time visiting and hanging out together. And then we went swimming in the afternoon. It was so fun for her to see Ryker and see how much he has changed...and doing some of his favorite things! He put a good show on for her at the pool, which I was so happy about because the last time we visited he was so serious and wouldn't smile or laugh for her. It's amazing to me how incredible our relationship with her is. I feel so blessed to have another extended family who loves Ryker just as much as we do! I wish everyone's adoption experience could be as wonderful as ours. It has been so great! It's almost been a year since we first met, and I can tell you that last September was an incredible month for us. It was right before I left for creative escape that I kept having feelings that we were going to be getting our call and then it was the day after I got home that I came home to the message asking me to call our worker and finding out we had been choosen. I can remember sitting at home just crying on the phone. Not even knowing what to say exactly and finally Mic telling me to call Cody. I can remember walking into the room to meet our birthmom and having an overwhelming feeling of love...so strong...for someone I was meeting for the first time. It's amazing how any worries and doubts I had before left as soon as we met. I love her more than I will ever be able to express and feel so grateful that she had the courage to do what was right for her and has continued to move forward and grow.
Cody and I were asked to work with an organization called Families Supporting Adoption with our church. We get to work with couples who are waiting to adopt and be a support for them and help in any way we can with preparing their profile and answering questions. I am looking forward to finding out more about what we get to do.


On to other happy things.....
Creative Escape is coming soon and I can't wait!!!! Looking forward to that.
Also check out the goodie box! There's a fun challenge up...but it's only on for a short time, so don't miss out. There is a really great prize that I know you will love. ;)
Kim

6 comments:
I loved reading about your adoption experience. FSA is such a cool organization - that's awesome that you're going to be a part of it.
Look at your babys hair!! His hair has gotten so long, I love him so much!!
Kim,
I was almost in tears reading your blog. I could really feel your joy and happiness.
Congrats on your beautiful family...
Ryker's birth mom is also lucky to have you in her life as well as you and your husband raising Ryker so wonderfully!
Ryker has the best hair ever!!
I, too, love hearing about your adoption experiance...you guys are so lucky to have had such an amazing experiance and Ryker's birth mommy sure picked the most amazing mama and daddy!
And dude....that is a FAMILY PICTURE if I ever saw one! Hehe! (Cody looks really happy in it, ps...haha!!)
Luv ya!!
Tali
Thanks for sharing your adoption story with us. I got a little choked up while reading it, adoption is such a great thing.
Ryker seems like he got so big overnight! I love his hair, he's such a cutie. :)
-Kaitlyn
OMG...I love his freakin' hair! So CUTE!! You are all so very lucky to have such a positive experience...I am still so happy that you have the little family that you have always dreamed of. It is a wonderful thing that you can keep in touch with Ryker's birth Mom...I'm sure it means the world to her!
Post a Comment