Monday, October 29, 2007

Don't know what my problem is....

I'm sitting at my computer trying to get some stuff done and am totally at a blank...Sorry Tal! I'll get something to you right away.... Today seemed like a total gong show. The house is a mess and there is so much to do, yet I just don't feel like doing anything. I made cookies today for Halloween and I was so proud of myself cause I even bought an icing kit with the little bag thing that you fill up...it was hard to put the thing together, but it worked! They turned out really cute, but so simple...and yummy!


We've been so bad eating out almost everyday. Cody was recently diagnosed with Celiac's Disease, so he's trying to eat all the foods he's going to miss before he has to stop eating anything with wheat next month. I went with a friend to this "gluten free" store last week and bought a couple of things to try...and it honestly isn't as bad as what I thought it would be. I had visions of eating nasty organic stuff and making boring dinners (when I hardly cook as it is)....and no more eating out at our favorite places. But the lady there gave me a list of places we can still eat, which is most of the places Cody loves! I was quite surprised at all the stuff that has wheat or gluten in it...go read 5 ingredient lists from different items in your pantry and you'll soon understand what I mean. Soup...Soy Sauce...licorace...Candy...and then of course cereal, bread, rice mixes, pizza...the list could go on and on. So if anyone has any recipes I would love them! Supposedly the flour that I can buy doesn't work the same as regular flour so we'll be doing a lot of testing. One positive thing about it is that Cody never did like pasta so it's not like he'll be missing it!


Anyway, I'm off to work on some stuff. Here's a picture of Ryker...I found him looking out the window one day! He's so sweet. :)


3 comments:

Talia said...

He's so cute!!
Good luck with meal planning for Cody...that is crazy. I am so lazy when it comes to food that that would definately be a challenge for me!

Itworksforbobbi said...

hmmmm.. My cousin has Celiac's disease and she cooks up some great stuff! Maybe I'll snag some recipes from her and pass them along. It really is amazing what has gluten in it - things you'd never think of. Just think - you'll be able to develop a brand new talent: Gluten free cooking! :P Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Here is a blogger who also has also recently started gluten-free cooking for her kiddo. She lists some resources on her blog. Hope it helps!

http://www.carrieb.typepad.com/